The Gersh AgencyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Gersh Agency, New York office is seeking an Attorney in its Business and Legal Affairs Department. The successful candidate will have strong negotiating and contract drafting skills with a particular focus on contracts and deal making in theatre, books and literary. The Attorney will be responsible for negotiating, drafting and commenting on a wide array of contracts as well as performing various other in-house legal duties and pending interest, attend client shows and engage directly with clients. The candidate must have strong professional communication skills, the ability to manage and prioritize a heavy workload and a ''can do'' attitude. Be able to multi-task as well as work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
We are looking for an organized, collaborative, energetic, highly motivated self-starter who will thrive in a fast-paced in-house environment.
• J.D. from accredited law school, excellent academic credentials, New York Bar membership in good standing.
• A minimum of 2-4 years of experience working as a transnational attorney.
• Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent negotiation, drafting and analytical skills with a high level of attention to detail.
• Strong initiative to take on tasks and to set priorities and deadlines, with a demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and establish trust with colleagues.
• Ability to identify, prioritize and resolve legal issues quickly and effectively
• Knowledge of Theatre (including, but not limited to, writer, director and designer) and Publishing contracts, industry customs and practices strongly preferred.
• Excellent judgment and the ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to handle high volume of work.
Interested and qualified candidates should email their cover letter and resume
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a Visa.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online