Senior Director, Client Development
The Branded Entertainment NetworkNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Who YOU Are
Are you a sales team leader with a passion for new business acquisition and an interest in brand integration? Are you a team player who believes collaboration leads to success? Are you a self-starter who embraces accountability as a core value? If so, this may be your dream job. BEN is seeking a Senior Director, Client Development to manage a client development team responsible for new client acquisition in our New York, NY office. This role is ideal for a strategic sales leader and brand integration visionary to drive both brand-direct and advertising media agencies (working on behalf of brands) to the BEN platform focusing on Film, TV, and Streaming integration. The ideal candidate is an experienced high volume sales professional, team leader and prospector with the ability to attain and exceed revenue goals in this very competitive and high-growth space, while building relationships with major global brands.
Our team is global, with offices in Los Angeles (headquarters), New York, London, Seattle and Provo. Branded Entertainment Network is privately held company, wholly owned by Bill Gates.
At BEN, we recognize that our employees are the key to the company’s success and work hard to maintain our incredible company culture. While BEN is a well-established organization and a recognized industry leader with a rich history of integration and licensing success stories, we have not abandoned our start-up mentality. BEN continually evolves branding strategies through artificial intelligence and predictive modeling to meet the unique needs of our clients. To that end, BEN is results-oriented, client-centric, and highly creative organization which offers candidates the opportunity to learn from the best and the brightest in this dynamic industry. BEN offers a competitive benefits package and promotes an environment which supports our core values of Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, and Inclusion.
BEN Revenue Responsibility
• Overall responsibility for meeting and exceeding annual revenue targets for New Client Development – focusing on developing lead generation relationships directly with major brands
• Deliver on annual sales revenue target for New Client Development
• Responsible for New Client target development, attribution of those targets to specific client-focused strategies, and allocation of sales targets to individual team members, including a personal sales target
• Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual revenue reporting and forecasting to executive leadership, with an emphasis on realistic projections, over-performance, and managing appropriate expectations
• Prioritization of sales resources and efforts against highest-potential Client Development efforts
Client and Sales Strategy
• Create persuasive presentations using case studies to close sales deals
• Provide thought leadership identifying and analyzing key “Platinum” accounts for aggressive prospecting, lead generation and dramatic growth, utilizing qualitative and effective Client Development strategies
• Leverage all available BEN team capabilities and resources – from Product, Content, Client Services and Marketing -- developing client pitches and proposals, working collaboratively with the Client Services and Platform organizations
• Dynamically adapt sales pitches and proposals based on specifically identified client interests and preferences
• Develop personal relationships with senior-level representatives of Key Client targets to gain market share across different customer verticals
• Work together with Marketing team to provide input in the development of sales and marketing materials, including content, positioning, and pitch materials
and Skills Required:
• 6-9 years of sales management experience with a focus on prospecting and client acquisition, preferably for an entertainment-related venture or start-up
• Operational excellence with experience managing CRM systems and processes
• Senior-level contacts within the marketing organizations of major brands – ideally related to strategic, entertainment and marketing initiatives – as well as with the agencies that service these brands
• Demonstrated track record developing and maintaining relationships with multiple divisions and company leaders to ensure appropriate communications and a coordinated approach to maximizing successes with clients
• Proven success to meet or exceed revenue targets
• Strong organizational development and talent management skills and the ability to make difficult decisions in a rapidly changing environment and competitive marketplace
• Strong creative sales strategist, with prior success with development and execution of business plans for complex client organizations
• Demonstrated capability of self-direction and motivation
• Passionate problem solver who is invigorated by client challenges
• Multi-cultural experience is desired
• BA / BS degree is required, MBA preferred
About BEN Group
BEN Group (a.k.a.) The Branded Entertainment Network empowers agencies, brands, publishers, and other media producers to capture the attention of audiences worldwide by integrating premium and timely entertainment content into their communications. From the world’s leading product integration platform (BEN), to the largest daily feed of celebrity content (Splash), to the global leading agency for rights and music clearances (Greenlight), Branded Entertainment Network helps elevate projects, amplify brands, and captivate audiences.
The BEN technology platform aggregates and matches a global brand’s target audience with the world’s premium content distributed through leading channels like Netflix, Amazon, Crackle, Hulu, HBO, Showtime and YouTube. Integrations are initiated at the pre-production stage enabling the buyer to insert their brand into the fabric of the content that consumers are watching on any device. The media planning features of the BEN platform translate multiple integrations into media value, creating the industry's first end to end marketplace for integrating brands into video with unsurpassed scale and accountability.
With the acquisition of Plaid Social, a leading digital influencer advertising company, BEN has expanded its reach into the explosive area of influencer marketing. The client and agency community is just beginning to understand the power and scale of the influencer channel. BEN will be helping to shape and define this market in the coming year.