Manager Consumer Research
The Branded Entertainment NetworkLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Who YOU Are
Do you love combing through data to find the real story? Do you believe that success can be achieved through analysis and deep understanding? Are you a team player who believes that collaboration creates and unstoppable force? If so, this may be your dream job. BEN is seeking a Manager, Consumer Research to play a central role helping our company and clients understand the ROI of brand integration campaigns and content viewership and behavior. In a rapidly changing media landscape, data and analysis on how, where and how often content is viewed – and by whom – is essential to our business and to the major brands who are our clients. The ideal candidate is passionate about research and analytics, and understands that both are essential to our clients' success. BEN is looking for a strong candidate who is committed to assisting BEN to lead the way in measuring the impact of brand integration on marketing KPIs.
Our team is global, with offices in Los Angeles (headquarters), New York, London, Berlin, and Provo. Branded Entertainment Network is privately held company, wholly owned by Bill Gates.
BEN is an established and stable company with the pace and vibe of a startup. The BEN team thrives in a dynamic and ever-changing industry environment and we pride ourselves on our history of proven success and leadership in the entertainment advertising category. BEN is continually evolving our branding strategies to meet the unique needs of our clients, and we are searching for exceptional people to help realize our vision and achieve our goals, all while applying our core values of Accountability, Passion, Teamwork, and Inclusion. BEN is results-oriented, customer-centric, fun and highly creative. Our employees receive a generous benefits package and enjoy working with and learning from the best and the brightest in this dynamic industry.
• Understand the emerging streaming (eg, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.) and influencer marketing landscapes and associated audience demographics and behaviors
• Analyze the impact of brand integrations on brand awareness, purchase intent or other key performance indicators of importance to our clients
• Compare the effectiveness of brand integration performance against other forms of media advertising
• Devise new methodologies to better understand shifts in the marketplace and audience behavior, as they happen
• Create custom surveys and synthesize the results into compelling presentations
• Access partner tools and data, such as Nielsen, Tubular, and Statista
• Develop market-leading insights to help strengthen BEN's effectiveness and impact of brand integration
• Contribute to BEN's thought leadership initiatives
• Identify new opportunities, trends and analysis keeping our clients ahead of the curve
and Skills Required:
• 5 years proven experience performing quantitative and qualitative research and analysis, with the ability to perform more abstract trends analysis
• Experience compiling research into business presentable documents, and turning research results into compelling narratives
• Knowledge of the current advertising, entertainment and influencer marketing industries, and a passion for being at the forefront of understanding the shifting trends in content viewership, audience behavior, and content creation
• A team player who is comfortable working collaboratively with colleagues across different geographies and time zones
• A keen attention to detail, and proven strength in analytics and data analysis
• A curious mind, with the ability to find and synthesize multiple pieces of information in order to identify new trends and insights
• Ability to think outside the box and problem solve
• Experience working with media measurement services such as Nielsen
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
• Strong presentation, communications and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to occasionally travel for client meetings
• Experience with data visualization software such as Tableau preferred, but not required
• Social media research and analysis experience preferred, but not required
• SPSS experience preferred, but not required
About BEN Group
BEN Group (a.k.a.) The Branded Entertainment Network empowers agencies, brands, publishers, and other media producers to capture the attention of audiences worldwide by integrating premium and timely entertainment content into their communications. From the world’s leading product integration platform (BEN), to the largest daily feed of celebrity content (Splash), to the global leading agency for rights and music clearances (Greenlight), Branded Entertainment Network helps elevate projects, amplify brands, and captivate audiences.
The BEN technology platform aggregates and matches a global brand’s target audience with the world’s premium content distributed through leading channels like Netflix, Amazon, Crackle, Hulu, HBO, Showtime and YouTube. Integrations are initiated at the pre-production stage enabling the buyer to insert their brand into the fabric of the content that consumers are watching on any device. The media planning features of the BEN platform translate multiple integrations into media value, creating the industry's first end to end marketplace for integrating brands into video with unsurpassed scale and accountability.
With the acquisition of Plaid Social, a leading digital influencer advertising company, BEN has expanded its reach into the explosive area of influencer marketing. The client and agency community is just beginning to understand the power and scale of the influencer channel. BEN will be helping to shape and define this market in the coming year.