Intern - FAU Theatre Box Office
The Aspire Group, Inc.Boca Raton, FL
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Position Summary: The FAU Theatre Box Office in the Student Union is seeking a qualified unpaid intern to help with Ticket Operations at the FAU Boca Raton, FL campus. This individual will assist the Director, Assistant Director and Ticket Operations Assistants with all box office and ticketing functions.
Partnership: The FAU Theatre Department and The Aspire Group have formed a relationship to develop a world-class ticketing team in Boca Raton, FL. The Theatre Department has employed the services of The Aspire Group because it combines progressive strategies and distinguished execution. Led by expert professionals that stand at the top of the ticket sales and customer service industry, FAU and its patrons will benefit from the commitment to integrity, the most professional ticket sales operation globally and the superior customer service that The Aspire Group brings to every partner. FAU and The Aspire Group encourage and value a diverse work force and both are equal opportunity employers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Professionally and accurately sell, process, print, and distribute tickets for a variety of events held within FAU Theatres and Auditorium
• Distribute tickets being purchased and those located at will call, and service all patrons at all ticketed events with the highest degree of courtesy, professionalism, thoughtfulness, sincerity, and enthusiasm.
• Assisting with all box office functions.
• Possess the ability to handle payment, including cash and credit transactions
• Graphic Design work as needed to create flyers, posters, signs, etc.
• Demonstrated strong organizational, coordinating, and interpersonal skills
• Proven job reliability, diligence, and dedication
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work effectively with diverse groups is required
• Other duties as assigned by supervisors
• Must be able to stand and/or sit for long periods of time.
• Must be a current student enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree program.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned by Management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications & Requirements:
• General computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Suite Products
• Previous customer service or retail sales experience; display a genuine desire to help people
• Ticketing software experience is a plus
• Graphic Design experience is a plus
• Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills
• Professional image and demeanor
• Ability to work well with others and comfortable taking initiative
• Experience in ticket sales is preferred but not required
Expectations for Internship:
• Mentorship and guidance from the Director.
• Participation in regular meetings conducted by the Director or Assistant Director.
• Professional development tracking through weekly one-on-one meetings.
• Intensive training at the onset of the Internship regarding core Aspire philosophies, customer service, industry knowledge, and business fundamentals.
• Development of a tangible working portfolio by the conclusion of the Internship.
• Work on event days and gain experience in data capture and box office operations.
This is an unpaid Intern position that is available for college credit if advisor approves.
The Aspire Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, citizenship status or age.
How did you hear about this job?
Why should we hire you?
Describe how you think our staff will benefit from having you join us?
What type of career(s) do you have interest in post-college? Please explain why. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online