Vice President, Research
Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Tennis Channel is seeking a Vice President of Research. This VP level position will work with all aspects of audience research in support of Tennis Channel, Tennis.com, TennisChannel.com, Tennis Channel Plus and Tennis Magazine goals. The position reports directly to the SVP of Research and provides service to all departments including Programming, Tennis Industry Relations, Affiliate Relations, Ad Sales, Marketing and Corporate, allowing for significant exposure within Tennis Channel.
include but are not limited to:
• Oversees the daily routine duties of a bi-coastal research team of four people
• Ensures flawless execution and production of sales presentations, the daily ratings reports, competitive reports, and digital media dashboards
• Absorbs and analyzes data quickly, and translates findings into useful reports with the capacity to advance Tennis Channel’s business interests
• Produces persuasive and attractive sales materials and presentations
• A minimum of 7-10 years of hands on experience in media research, especially in cable or broadcast network research and/or digital measurement
• Excellent leadership and organizational skills
• Experience managing and training direct reports in media research
• Primary research experience and passion/knowledge of sports/tennis are advantages
• Exceptional writing and creative skills
• Proficiency with major sources of media data and software such as Nielsen (NPower, Ad Intel, Buyer Graphics), comScore (TV Essentials and Media Metrix), Google Analytics, Gfk MRI, Ipsos Affluent Study, and other similar data providers
• Math and analytical skills are necessary as is some study/knowledge of statistics (advanced degrees in statistics are not required)
• Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Tennis Channel is a 24-hour broadcast television and online streaming network dedicated to both the sport and the lifestyle of Tennis. Our network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by the top MSOs, as well as DirecTV and DISH Network.
Tennis Channel Inc. is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group. The Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair!
We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!