Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Accountant (Revenue/AR)
Our Senior Accountant works closely with our Senior Accounting Revenue Manager on revenue accounting, monthly reconciliations, and financial reporting, including variance explanation writing.
include but are not limited to:
• Prepare monthly non-linear Ad Sales accounting entries
• Review Broadway system input & coordinate with NY-based Ad Sales team to ensure accurate, timely month-end reporting
• Prepare monthly Affiliate revenue accounting entries
• Manage flow of monthly affiliate subscriber revenue reports from MVPDs
• Review Medea system input & coordinate with outside consultant to ensure accurate, timely month-end reporting
• Prepare Affiliate Subscriber Rollforward and monthly forecast accrual
• Research possible reclasses/adjustments on Ad Sales and Affiliate revenue streams
• Create other journal entries, as necessary, to perform responsibilities
• Review and reconcile revenue and balance sheet accounts monthly, including accounts receivable aging, deferred revenue, barter, and accrual balances
• Coordinate receipt and distribution of revenue reporting to various users and departments
• Calculate and prepare internal and external account executive commissions due
• Review/approve cash receipts and discrepancy memo processing
• Other duties, ad hoc analysis and requests as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Business with an Accounting and/or Finance focus
• Minimum of 3 years of progressive accounting experience
• Entertainment and/or related work experience preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel (vlookup, pivot tables)
• Familiarity with Great Plains or FRX Reporting a plus but not required.
• Familiarity with Oracle (Bridge)
• Must have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Must have the ability to complete all entries and duties timely to meet reporting deadlines.
• Must have the ability to provide work free of errors (highly accurate, without frequent revisions)
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong communication skills, including ability to write proficient emails to upper/mid-management.
• Strong organization skills, including using task lists and project planning schedules.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Tennis Channel is a 24-hour broadcast television and online streaming network dedicated to both the sport and the lifestyle of Tennis. Our network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by the top MSOs, as well as DirecTV and DISH Network.
Tennis Channel is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group. The Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates programs or provides services to 173 stations located in 81 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!