Production Manager, Remotes
Tennis ChannelCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media.
This Production Manager manages all aspects of planning full production for LIVE remote events. The Production Manager is a direct report to the Executive Director, Production & Operations and oversees the Production Coordinator.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Serves as key resource for all production teams in the field and primary liaison between a wide variety of entities such as; Facility Management, Production Crews, Talent, Site Operations, Vendors, Tournament Directors and other TV Network Representatives.
• Supervises facilities and staff working at remote events, both foreign & domestic.
• Staffs crew members for all 3 categories:
• Above the line (freelance producers and directors, etc.).
• Below the line (freelance crew members that come through other companies).
• ENG crew members.
• Oversees the acquisition and distribution of various production elements, such as event footage, music and music cue sheets, graphic elements, equipment etc.
• Delegates tasks and responsibilities on a large scale to the appropriate personnel.
• Trains new hires on production departmental processes and procedures.
• Manages and maintains planning documents: trackers & planning spreadsheets.
• Works closely with the Manager and Production Accountant on managing cost, coordination of crew, and show requirements to ensure timely processing of crew time cards and contracts/deal memos.
• Upholds a professional appearance and demeanor that reflects your status as an ambassador and network representative for the Tennis Channel at an international level.
• Minimum 3 years in a Remote Production Management role, or a similar position within the Sports or Entertainment Production Industry
• Comfortable with Domestic and International travel. Traveling between the U.S., Europe and Australia to attend as needed Grand Slams & tournaments; total travel time averages a minimum of 3 months (or 25%) per year
• Ability to work 50 hours/week on a flexible schedule that includes day, night and weekend shifts (Tennis season is Jan-Nov; heaviest workloads occur in the Summer months May-Sept)
• Ability to adapt and thrive in constantly changing environments, filled with unpredictable challenges and interaction with all personality types
• Enthusiasm for managing hands-on projects and the resourcefulness to ‘get your hands dirty’ and make things happen
• Strong ability to multi-task, adapt to fast-pace environment and manage several productions star-to-finish.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; organized, proactive, and quick-thinking
• Rolodex of production contacts & talent (Domestic and International)
• Experience overseeing all aspects of travel for up to 150 people, including: flights, hotels, car rentals, food, etc.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). Experience with ShowManager and iNews
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Tennis Channel is a 24-hour broadcast television and online streaming network dedicated to both the sport and the lifestyle of Tennis. Our network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by the top MSOs, as well as DirecTV and DISH Network.
Tennis Channel Inc. is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!