Production Finance Associate
Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
The Freelance Production Finance Associate assists in the day-to-day operations of the production finance/accounting team. Tennis Channel is seeking a high-performing professional who exhibits strong production accounting skills. You will be a part of a fast-paced Production Finance team working directly with our production business units in the planning, accounting administration, production and programming teams.
A successful candidate should emphasize cross-functional collaboration with all business partners for effectiveness and efficiencies, along with partnering closely with our internal teams, such as Production, Accounting, Business Affairs/Legal, Programming, and Human Resources. One must have a strong knowledge of entertainment industry production accounting and reporting. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, proactive, able to pivot when necessary, thorough, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail.
This role is available immediately and tentatively ends around June 30, 2019. This individual will occasionally need to work weekends.
include but are not limited to:
• Researches and responds to vendor or departmental payment inquiries
• Codes, reconciles, and reviews expense reports & invoices for accuracy & completeness
• Maintains Production budget templates by adding in actual invoice information
• Maintains freelance rate sheets
• Works alongside the Production Team playing a key role in cost management
• Prepares On-Hold List and follow up on outstanding invoices, and crewing inquiries
• Assists Production Accounting/Finance team with special projects (as needed)
• Prepares and processes weekly time cards and start paperwork for production/programming freelancer payroll
• Coordinates heavy volumes of crew deal memorandums for non-staff production personnel
• Assists Production Accounting/Finance team and Accounting department with accrual journal entry and account reconciliations (as needed)
• Obtains department credit card statements and reconcile to receipts and approvals
• Assists Production Accounting/Finance with monthly forecasts
• Maintains yearly rights/licenses fee schedules
• Four-year college degree or equivalent experience
• Educational background with accounting/finance, or business
• Work Experience
• 1-2 years’ experience in Production Accounting or Production Finance
• Intermediate Excel skills or greater a must
• Live events and/or professional sports a plus
• Ability to work independently, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Experience with Great Plains Project Cost Software or similar major production accounting software
Tennis Channel Inc. is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group, the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country.
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Tennis Channel is a 24-hour broadcast television and online streaming network dedicated to both the sport and the lifestyle of Tennis. Our network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by the top MSOs, as well as DirecTV and DISH Network.