Junior Research Analyst
Tennis ChannelSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Our Junior Research Analyst supports Tennis Channel in all aspects of television and internet video audience research by assisting the Research Department in building analyses, reports and PowerPoint sales presentations. This is a very high visibility position and services virtually every other department at the Channel including Programming, Affiliate Relations, Ad Sales, Marketing and Corporate. This opportunity is ideal for someone beginning a career in the business side of television and internet content: research, sales, programming, and/or distribution. Please note, we do not sponsor employment visas.
include but are not limited to:
• Produce daily ratings reports
• Retrieve, interpret and utilize viewing data and consumer behavior for use in sales presentations and regular weekly and monthly reports
• Assist in building analyses, reports and PowerPoint sales presentations
• Aid in analysis and storytelling using qualitative and quantitative data gathered using Nielsen, Ipsos, comScore, MRI and other data sources
• Undertake projects focused on audience trends
• General administrative duties
• BA degree required
• Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment
• Math proficiency required
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Excellent writing skills
• Strong analytical ability
• Accuracy and fact-checking ability
• Ability to juggle multiple projects with varying deadlines
• Good listening skills and ability to learn quickly
• High level of attention to detail
• Sound organizational skills
• Experience in television audience research and/or a background in statistics preferred
• Sports and knowledge of tennis a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Tennis Channel is a 24-hour broadcast television and online streaming network dedicated to both the sport and the lifestyle of Tennis. Our network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by the top MSOs, as well as DirecTV and DISH Network.
Tennis Channel is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group. The Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates programs or provides services to 173 stations located in 81 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!