Intern - Post Production
Tennis ChannelCulver City, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Tennis Channel is a 24-hour broadcast television and online streaming network dedicated to both the sport and the lifestyle of Tennis. Our network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by the top MSOs, as well as DirecTV and DISH Network.
About Tennis Channel Internships
Tennis Channel's Internship Program offers unpaid academic credit only. Our internships are during entire semesters not just breaks/vacations. A letter indicating that you are eligible to receive academic credit must be submitted. In return, you'll receive hands-on experience in an exciting, fast-paced sports entertainment TV Network environment covering one of the most electrifying games in the world today - TENNIS! Our program offers terrific opportunities for students in academic programs with concentration in entertainment and/or business. Completion of our internship program does not guarantee employment by Tennis Channel.
Post-production Internship (Culver City)
This internship is in our Culver City Broadcast Facility and is designed to expose you to various areas of post-production: preparation, media management, live events, editing, and post-production. The motto of the department is to be 'technically minded and creatively driven' thus supporting the creation of entertaining programming. At the end of your internship we hope you will understand how this post production department operates and where you think you'll fit in should you choose a career in sports television.
Only those who are currently attending an accredited institution and registered for college credits at this institution during the quarter or semester in which the internship is performed will be considered.
Requirements (All must be met):
• Must be currently attending an accredited institution and registered for college credits at this institution during the quarter or semester in which the internship is performed
• Must be in good academic standing, as defined by the academic institution
• Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of acceptance into the program
• Minimum commitment: 2 full days of work per week (10 - 20 hours)
• Accessible transportation and weekend availability
• Knowledge of Tennis and the ability to identify professional tennis players is a major plus
Daily responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Logs tennis matches for time code and shot description
• Enters metadata of footage into our production asset management system
• Organizes our media in our Production asset management system
• Creates video links for online distribution
• Assists with live remote productions and world feeds (often on weekends)
• Prepares and assists with edit shifts
• Downloads content from third party clients
• Strong working knowledge of MS Excel
• Experience using Avid production products
• Previous experience logging footage
• Keen attention to detail, for properly maintaining records and organizing tasks
• Sharp focus, adaptable, self-motivated and driven personality
• Comfortable taking ownership and responsibility for delegated work
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply at Tennis Channel Careers (https://tennischannel-careers.silkroad.com/). Also include a cover letter and two work samples such as writing projects, audio files, videos (these can be graded class assignments or published work) by including their respective links.
Tennis Channel Inc. is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group, the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country.
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!