Intern - Ad Sales Marketing
Tennis ChannelNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Tennis Channel (www.tennischannel.com) is the only 24-hour, television-based multimedia destination dedicated to both the professional sport and tennis lifestyle. Tennis Channel holds the telecast rights to, Wimbledon, Roland Garros (French Open), Australian Open, ATP Masters Series, the Davis Cup and Fed Cup. Tennis Channel is carried by nine of the top 10 MSOs, Verizon FiOS TV, and has a national footprint via DIRECTV and DISH Network.
About Tennis Channel Internships
The Tennis Channel's Internship Program offers unpaid academic credit only. Our internships are during entire semesters not just breaks/vacations. A letter indicating that you are eligible to receive academic credit must be submitted. In return, you'll receive hands-on experience in an exciting, fast-paced sports entertainment TV Network environment covering one of the most electrifying games in the world today - TENNIS! Our program offers terrific opportunities for students in academic programs with concentration in entertainment and/or business. Completion of our internship program does not guarantee employment by Tennis Channel.
AD SALES MARKETING INTERNSHIP (New York City)
This internship is in the New York City office and is designed to expose you to the various areas of Ad Sales Marketing. The goal of the Tennis Channel Ad Sales Marketing department is to support the national Sales team and to help garner revenue by creating Sales materials, produce client events as well as conceptualize and seamlessly execute solutions for new and existing advertisers. This internship is designed to expose interns to the various stages of the Ad Sales process. Upon completion of the Tennis Channel Ad Sales summer internship program, it will be clear how various departments of a television network collaborate as well as the day-to-day operations of the Ad Sales Marketing department leading up to and during key tournaments including the US Open.
Requirements (All must be met):
• Must be currently attending an accredited institution and registered for college credits at this institution during the quarter or semester in which the internship is performed
• Must be in good academic standing, as defined by the academic institution
• Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of acceptance into the program
• Minimum commitment: 2 full days of work per week (10 - 20 hours)
Daily responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Log sponsorship elements across summer tournaments to make sure elements were executed as promised
• Clip sponsorship elements across summer tournaments for sponsor recaps
• Help compile recaps/case studies for a variety of advertiser categories (For example, automotive, financial, telecommunications, travel, etc.)
• Organize and manage inventory for Ad Sales premiums (gifts) and brainstorm any additional items
• Assist department with organizing any client-related events throughout the summer
• Attention to detail
• Excellent organization skills
• Superior knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
• Ability to multitask with a multitude of projects that have varying deadlines
• Comfortable taking ownership and responsibility for delegated work
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply at Tennis Channel Careers (https://tennischannel-careers.silkroad.com/). Also include a cover letter and two work samples such as writing projects, audio files, videos (these can be graded class assignments or published work) by including their respective links.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!