Tennis ChannelCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media.
Our Broadcast Engineer coordinates and maintains computer based and broadcast equipment. The Broadcast Engineer is an experienced television engineer who supports live studio productions, all post production workflows, and infrastructure upgrades. This individual is responsible for installing and maintaining video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting. This is an operational role in a 24/7 broadcast facility. An important component of the network’s programming is the integration of over 2000 hours of live feeds. Most live activity occurs during the early morning or overnight shifts with a heavy concentration of activity Fridays through Sundays. The Broadcast Engineer works those days/hours as well as frequent holidays.
include but are not limited to:
• Performs preventive maintenance and/or troubleshooting on almost any electronic device or support electronics whether in-house or at remote locations; including but not limited to: video equipment and/or audio switching equipment, processing and monitoring equipment, HD cameras, Fiber/ copper encoding, decoding and streaming equipment.
• Maintains broadcast computer-based equipment software, hardware, and local area network applications on systems throughout the station.
• Trains and mentors Engineering team on Avid, iNews and automation for both Production Control rooms and Master Control.
• Responds to trouble calls with broadcast or computer equipment (sometimes after normal business hours).
• Keeps software versions up to date, insures software license compliance and follows all corporate directives for IT security.
• Demonstrates consistently a high standard of Engineering practices including: observes OSHA safety rules, installs new equipment using CAD drawings and elevations, intuitive cable management and labeling, submits updates to Engineering documentation, and creates user SOP’s.
• Assists and advises in planning of future equipment installations, requirements, and budgetary recommendations.
• Maintains flexible hours during live Tennis tournaments throughout the year.
• Travels to different remote locations throughout the year to support Avid Road Kit at Indian Wells, Volvo Car Open, French Open, Wimbledon and US Open.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in broadcast television
• Bachelor’s degree, SBE certification, and A certification
• Strong leadership and exceptional communication skills
• 21st century skill set, a great team-oriented attitude and a dedication to quality
• Demonstrated knowledge of workflows relating to computer based editing systems, including media archiving and storage relating to AVID, EVS, Masstech and iNews
• Strong technical support with AVID, iNews, automation systems experience in Production control rooms and Master Control
• Experience installing and upgrading Broadcast equipment to improve workflows
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Tennis Channel is a 24-hour broadcast television and online streaming network dedicated to both the sport and the lifestyle of Tennis. Our network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by the top MSOs, as well as DirecTV and DISH Network.
Tennis Channel Inc. is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!