Assistant Production Office Coordinator
Tennis ChannelCulver City, CA
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. This is a temporary freelance role.
This is a temporary freelance role which is expected to run through at least the end of the year.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assists with preparing, obtaining, and processing start paperwork for new and existing freelancers. This includes the on-going maintenance of rate cards (rates, positions, crew classifications, occupational codes, contact information, and links to current and past contracts).
• Ensures weekly timecards for freelance personnel are submitted timely and accurately. Also assists in weekly timecard calculations.
• Assists with the accounts payable process, including but not limited to research of budget variances, responding to vendor requests, and coding invoices.
• Assists in obtaining original VAT and TVA receipts, and reconciliation of receipts for VAT and TVA filings.
• Oversees the copying, faxing, and distribution of all materials including but not limited to: production books, call sheets, one-line schedules, day-out-of-days, calendars, location lists, cast and crew deal memos and contracts.
• Coordinates travel arrangements for department personnel, and reconcile final folios. Occasionally assists with negotiating rates for airfare and hotels.
• Obtains executed certificates of insurance and travelers’ insurance.
• Lift camera equipment, and remote broadcast equipment and materials upon arrival and delivery for various remote events. Assists with the preparation of the remote event shipment.
• Has an ongoing understanding of the Programming schedules, air times, and rights holders. Assists in verifying monthly air dates, and match counts.
• Assists the production managers set up remote and studio productions, i.e., telephones, furniture, parking facilities, office supplies, crafty, catering, travel, and hotels when required.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Intermediate experience using Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and Outlook (including the calendar functions) is required
• Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize and meet deadlines, and skilled at problem solving
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Comfortable taking direction from multiple managers.
• Self-starter with good inter-personal skills and ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Discretion with confidential information
• Willingness to work weekends as needed
• Ability to lift and maneuver up to 25 lbs. of gear and equivalent.
• Understanding of the freelance world within the entertainment, sports, industry is a plus
• Understanding for the game of tennis and knowledge about the professional game is a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Tennis Channel is a 24-hour broadcast television and online streaming network dedicated to both the sport and the lifestyle of Tennis. Our network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by the top MSOs, as well as DirecTV and DISH Network.
Tennis Channel Inc. is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!