Advertising Sales Assistant
Tennis ChannelNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Tennis Channel is a 24-hour broadcast television and online streaming network dedicated to both the sport and the lifestyle of Tennis. Our network is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by the top MSOs, as well as DirecTV and DISH Network.
Our Advertising Sales Assistant is an enthusiastic, detail-oriented individual. This role supports the Sales and Operations department at Tennis Channel.
include but are not limited to:
• Supports Tennis Channel’s Account Executives and Operations Team in managing all post sales activities from advertising orders to client needs and requirements
• Enters system data with National Advertisers of commercial inventory on a weekly basis
• Responsible for flighting, resolving discrepancies, preemptions and the creation of quarterly flow charts
• Schedules special segments, program supplier units and added-value elements
• Uses computer software, including Broadway and the MS Office applications
• Provides daily customer support and service both over the phone and by email, while adhering to the highest standards of professional etiquette
• Interaction with other internal departments, mainly including, finance, traffic and marketing
• Assists Sales Planners with liability tracking
• Maintains account/client details and database
• Performs various clerical and administrative tasks
• Bachelor's Degree in advertising, marketing or relevant field
• Minimum 1-2 years professional experience
• Experience with an Advertising Agency or Network as an intern is a plus
• Must be a detail-oriented quick learner with strong organizational skills
• Excellent communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Ability to effectively handle a large volume of work while being flexible and receptive to changing priorities
• Proficient in Excel, with strong mathematical skills
• Well versed with other MS Office applications
• Comfortable taking initiative, being self-sufficient and resourceful
• Passion for Tennis and sports overall, a plus
Tennis Channel Inc. is part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group, the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country.
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!