Spring Paid Intern - NBC 5
Part Time Paid Internship
Become a NBC 5 Chicago and Telemundo Chicago intern and learn broadcasting and digital from our world-class teams!
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.
The NBCUniversal paid internship program gives students real world experience, networking opportunities and exposure to one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. Students can intern in a variety of functions including news, ad sales, finance, community and creative services.
PLEASE READ INTERNSHIP INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY:
• Application deadline is November 9, 2018, interested candidates should apply by this date
• Program generally runs from February through May
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
• Recent graduates will NOT be eligible for this program
• At least (1) letter of recommendation from a teacher and/or advisor
• Current transcript from College/University
• Write a letter of intent listing at least 3 departments you would like to intern in and answer the following questions:
1. What are your career goals?
2. How would an NBC or Telemundo Internship help you achieve your goals?
3. What related experiences or contributions can you bring to NBC or Telemundo if selected for an Internship?
4. Are you bi-lingual (English/Spanish)? Are you fluent: speaking, reading or writing?
Opportunities may include, but are not limited to:
• News: Telemundo
• New Planning Unit: NBC 5
• Investigative Unit: NBC 5 and Telemundo
• NBC Network News
• Research & Integrated Sales and Marketing: NBC 5
• Digital Media: NBC 5 /Telemundo
• Special Projects/Community Relations: NBC 5/Telemundo
• Collaboration Team: NBC 5/Telemundo
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a Visa or sponsorship
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Eager to Learn
• Work as a team player
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Previous Internship Experience
• Bilingual – English/Spanish preferred