Spring Intern - NBC Boston Production
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Assist in the support of IT systems, newsroom IT systems, desktop support, broadcast equipment and for NBC Boston, Telemundo Boston and NECN. This role reports to the IT Manager.
• Work as a member of the station's engineering team to implement state of the art technical facilities at a competitive television station. Help develop, with the assistance of other team members, new solutions for news operations and television transmissions. Interface with news and Production Operations employees to troubleshoot time-critical applications and systems
• Assist to maintain the technical integrity of the NBC Boston operating facilities including but not limited to the control room, studios, transmission, newsgathering, and production equipment. Respond to facility outages and perform basic maintenance on building systems, on-air systems and ethernet, fiber networks and systems. Install, repair and maintain computer and IT equipment associated with the office functions of the station. Support the IT manager with IT projects and maintenance on all company IT systems.
• Respond to employees' requests regarding tools and resources they need for their job. Determine solutions through process improvements with existing technology or purchasing new equipment. Examine all solutions to ensure implementation – process improvement or new equipment – is cost efficient.
• Implement, support and evaluate popular applications used by Mac and PC environments. Develop, prepare and install computers, software and server solutions as required. Support network users in daily computer software and hardware needs. Support current wireless environment in newsroom, sales and administration with strong ability to troubleshoot wireless networks. Troubleshoot and repair advanced Ethernet and fiber networks and systems including corporate LANs, high-speed routers, file-shares, mobile devices, laptops, desktops, etc.
• Ability to perform unit functions on a regular basis
• Must be a self-starter who is results oriented
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds of gear
• Knowledge of .bat file, visual basic, xml and html programming
• Knowledge of current wireless, cell, android and Apple applications and use
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Must be able to work on-site in Newton, MA