Human Resources Manager
Full Time Job
About Telemundo Station Group:
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 26 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 15,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves the largest Hispanic television markets in the country including Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Antonio, San Francisco Bay Area, Phoenix, Harlingen, Orlando, Fresno, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., San Diego, Tampa, Denver, El Paso, Boston, Las Vegas, Tucson, Hartford, Fort Myers, Springfield, Richmond and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, a national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 50 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation. Join us.
The Human Resources Manager will provide a broad range of HR support for Telemundo Sacramento, Fresno and Salt Lake City Owned Television Stations. The Human Resources Manager will primarily be responsible for supporting employees at all levels, providing strategic input into organization design, managing employee relations issues, ensuring a robust talent pipeline, facilitating performance management, union relations, training facilitation locally and all other HR initiatives. This role will report directly into the VP, Human Resources.
• Act as business partner primary point of contact for the day-to-day questions/issues that arise from employees, including the interpretation of HR policies, practices and procedures to employees and managers
• Drive key HR initiatives across departments, including staffing, performance management, training and development, rewards & recognition, organizational effectiveness and employee communication
• Coach and counsel employees and managers regarding employee and labor relations issues
• Develop proactive communication strategies for all employee related events or changes
• Create, coordinate and facilitate employee programs, training and events
• Create an environment of positive employee relations by respecting confidentiality, establishing trust and credibility, being seen by employees as approachable and fair, balancing business needs with employee needs, and spending significant time interfacing directly with employees
• Work with department leaders, and staff to establish and maintain a positive work environment which encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities
• Manage staffing process, working with clients and talent acquisition partners to identify recruitment strategies as well as ensure diverse candidates slates and top quality candidate selection
• Work closely with Labor Relations on collective bargaining issues, resolving grievances, and furthering NBCU's relationships with its unions
• Lead or assist in broader HR initiatives for the Owned Television Stations division and NBCUniversal as opportunities arise
• Be a team player in the HR organization to process transactional work, administrative duties and all compliance initiatives as needed
• Uncover, assess and propose opportunities for HR process improvements
• Provide broad support to the team, to include scheduling and setting up logistics for meetings, maintaining distribution lists and shared drives, keeping organization charts current and providing general office support as needed.
• Become a primary user for SAP HR transactions, including onboarding and off-boarding, workflow forms, regular and ad hoc reporting, security audits, and other data validation or reporting exercises.
• Primary contact for employees to answer any HR policies and practices and will be able to answer and/or refer employee questions about Payroll, Benefits, Work/Life, Employee Perks, PTO, Company Policies, etc.
• Help out in the administration of our talent pipeline programs, including but not limited to training, recruitment efforts, associate and intern orientations, and potentially interviewing candidates.
• Run regular and ad hoc reports from HR systems
• Work on special projects as needed, frequently synthesizing data into a cohesive story
• You will have a high level of access to confidential and business information and will be expected to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion with regard to all matters, data, and documents
• Bachelor's Degree, in Human Resources, Organization Development, or related field
• Minimum of 5 years experience in generalist HR or other relevant roles
• At least 3 years of experience partnering with client group management to drive initiatives
• Previous Employee Relations or Labor Relations experience
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Sacramento, CA area and be able to travel to Fresno and Salt Lake City as business required
• Must be fluent in Spanish (speak, read & write)
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Strong business acumen, facilitation, conflict resolution and communication skills
• Experience in employee and/or labor relations and investigations
• Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated facilitation and coaching skills
• Fluent verbal and written English with Spanish language skills at conversational level or better preferred; written Spanish proficiency preferred
• Knowledge and practical application of HR disciplines including employment and labor laws, employee relations, management & leadership development, performance management, organizational design and compensation philosophies and knowledge of OSHA and workplace safety
• Strong business partnership: able to establish credibility and rapport with operating leaders
• Project and process management skills, demonstrated track record of delivering results
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients, individually and in groups
• Previous experience with a union-represented workforce
• Strong employee-relations skill set; can earn trust and credibility with employees in assigned groups
• Open and easily approachable
• Prior experience with training program development and/or facilitation is preferred
• Proven influencer; demonstrated ability to coach and counsel both employees and management
• Proficient with Windows programs and HRIS systems
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and lead change
• Takes ownership; able to establish self as the 'go-to' HR resource for client organizations
• Prior media/television industry experience preferred