Spring Paid Intern - TBS / TNT Publicity
Full Time Paid Internship
Spring 2019 - TBS/TNT Publicity Intern (Burbank)
What does our department do?
• Creates and executes all awards and show publicity campaigns from start to finish
• Coordinates interviews and appearances in support of TBS & TNT shows
• Organizes elaborate events for awards season, show premieres, critics and press tours, and more
• Manages all talent relations and representative communications
• Handles all publicity and marketing related travel and coordinates full itineraries
What will you be doing?
• Be a vital part of the TNT or TBS show publicity team and support the Events & Awards and Talent Relations teams
• See first-hand how a PR show campaign is executed from start to finish
• Participate in brainstorming and planning from start to finish for events and campaigns
• Work events including premieres, award shows, press and critics tours, and various others
• Assist with compiling daily press clippings for a company-wide report using resources Burelles Luce, Critical Mention and Google news
• Edit and proofread press materials such as releases, media alerts, bios, loglines, etc.
• Help with coordinating and booking all talent travel for events and show publicity appearances
• Be mentored by a fantastic team with colleagues of all levels
What do we require from you?
• Studied or is currently studying communications, public relations or a related field
• Extremely attentive to detail with strong editing and communications skills
• Eager and quick to learn about all aspects of our department
• Professional in all scenarios you may be placed in, including with talent
• Experience in publicity, talent relations or event planning is a plus
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Spring 2019 program dates are January 21st through April 12th. Interns are paid a competitive-wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.