TastemadeSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Accountant (Revenue)
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers!
Who are we?
Would you consider yourself a food & travel lover? Do you get excited about bringing people together over a great meal? Does the idea of working at a company that is changing the way the world makes, watches and engages with video make you giddy? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then keep reading!
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers on a mission to connect the world through video. In just a few years our community has grown to over 200 million people watching our videos across a huge range of channels, devices and apps, from the web to Apple TV, Facebook, and Snapchat.
We are looking for passionate people who want to change the world and make a difference. People that are driven to disrupt the status quo and not looking for just another job.
Who you are:
• Unflappable & Super Organized. You keep your cool while managing multiple priorities simultaneously and are the master of a tried-and-true system for keeping on top of your to-do list.
• Accurate & Detail Oriented. You're able to quickly spot errors and discrepancies, in the fine details and big picture.
What you'll be doing:
• Complete the end to end process relating to key revenue and receivable accounts relating to branded partnerships and licensing activities.
• Review new contracts and create rev recognition schedule as well as billing schedules in Netsuite
• Identify performance obligations in contracts and liaise with sales team for delivery proof
• Perform all billing/invoicing operations, understand nuances of media agency billing systems, manage DSO KPI's
• Reconcile the deferred revenue account
• Liaise with FP&A team to assist in forecasting of future sales (based on estimated delivery dates)
• Liaise with RevOps team to ascertain media delivery & production budgets
• Support other Accounting projects, as necessary
• Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures
• Prepare monthly and adhoc account reconciliations
• Assist with financial and tax audits
• Prepare and post monthly journal entries of all types
What you'll bring:
• 3 years accounting experience with a focus on application of USGAAP revenue recognition principles
• Advanced Excel skills a must, NetSuite experience preferred
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• Strong quantitative and reconciliation skills
• Excellent attention to detail, organizational and communication skills
• CPA (or working towards) and experience with a global advertising media agency, startup or similar a plus
• Competitive salary
• Flexible vacation days and Paid Holidays
• Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life EAP and 401K benefits
• Apple iMac, MacBook or equivalent hardware
• A stellar work environment – fun, casual, and fast paced
• Colleagues who are fellow food & travel lovers!