Research and Consumer Insights Director
TastemadeNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers!
Who are we?
Would you consider yourself a food & travel lover? Do you get excited about bringing people together over a great meal? Does the idea of working at a company that is changing the way the world makes, watches and engages with video make you giddy? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then keep reading!
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers on a mission to connect the world through video. In just a few years our community has grown to over 200 million people watching our videos across a huge range of channels, devices and apps, from the web to Apple TV, Facebook, and Snapchat.
We are looking for passionate people who want to change the world and make a difference. People that are driven to disrupt the status quo and not looking for just another job.
Tastemade is looking for a Research & Insights Director to drive innovation and lead all research for our Sales / Brand Partnerships team.
The Research & Insights Director will oversee all insights, research, and measurement initiatives related to brand advertisers and serve an integral role in the Brand Partnerships organization. He/she will work closely with internal and external stakeholders as well as measurement and platform partners to drive forward Tastemade's research initiatives and demonstrate Tastemade's value to agencies and brands. This person must be an engaging and creative thinker who is passionate and thrives in a collaborative environment.
What you'll do:
• Responsible for insights and research across both pre-sale and post-sale. Must deeply understand the Tastemade audience, content, and viewer experiences and help develop creative ways to utilize Tastemade's data to drive forth agency and brand conversations
• Understand the different ways that data & research inform our work across the company, and position this for sales initiatives
• Partner closely with sales to develop and deliver insights-fueled narratives that are compelling and influential
• Execute research for campaigns with measurement partners, and find new measurement solutions – work across all areas of research: survey design, project management, data integrity and fieldwork supervision, data analysis, storytelling, report creation and presentation and troubleshooting
• Contribute to Tastemade's POV regarding new/current measurement solutions and educate our sales teams accordingly
• Provide critical industry expertise – staying ahead of industry trends, methodologies, and 3rd party partnerships, adjusting Tastemade's measurement product roadmap accordingly
• Track the performance and impact of measurement capabilities and make product optimization and partnership recommendations
• Onboard new measurement partners and capabilities based on industry needs
• Lead vendor and platform relationships and implementation processes
• Conduct research to inform how our global sales teams drive business outcomes with marketers, agencies, brands, and partners.
• Work cross-functionally with our Data Science, Programming, and Engineering teams in order see products through
• Manage one team member with the possibility of more in the future.
What you'll bring:
• Bachelor's Degree
• 6-8 years in advertising research – at a research vendor, media owner, client or agency partner – with at least 4 of those years working in social/digital advertising
• Deep expertise of social platforms, metrics, and utilizing social data (need to be able to utilize data sets outside of standard 3rd party syndicated tools)
• Extensive experience in data analysis and storytelling, going beyond the ''what'' to tell the ''why'' within research results
• Extensive experience with vendors in these three measurement areas:
• Reach: viewability, on-target percentage, etc.
• Resonance: brand awareness, consideration, intent, etc.
• Reaction: attribution, sales lift, online-to-online, foot traffic, etc.
• Proven ability to weave primary quantitative/qualitative research, syndicated/3rd party research, and platform behavioral data together into a cohesive and compelling story
• An extremely strong knowledge of the digital/social / video ecosystem, measurement capability landscape, and how it all works from a technical perspective
• A successful track record of evaluating and onboarding digital measurement solutions and products from beginning to end
• Hands-on and inherently curious. Must go above and beyond if you find data taking you in interesting and/or unexpected places
• A communicative personality who is capable of building strong relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders, and can explain complex topics in simple terms
• Inherently curious and strategic thinker that can connect the dots
• Broad knowledge of measurement solutions, spanning CPG, Auto, Entertainment, Retail, Tech, etc.
• A positive and collaborative team player who values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
• Great presentation skills. At times join sales team on meetings with clients
• Global research experience is a plus
• Competitive salary
• Stock options
• Flexible vacation days and paid holidays
• Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life EAP and 401K benefits
• Apple iMac, MacBook Pro, or equivalent hardware
• Catered lunches, unlimited snacks and drinks
• Cell phone allowances
• Colleagues that are fellow food & travel lovers!