TastemadeSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers!
Who are we?
Would you consider yourself a food & travel lover? Do you get excited about bringing people together over a great meal? Does the idea of working at a company that is changing the way the world makes, watches and engages with video make you giddy? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then keep reading!
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers on a mission to connect the world through video. In just a few years our community has grown to over 200 million people watching our videos across a huge range of channels, devices and apps, from the web to Apple TV, Facebook, and Snapchat.
We are looking for passionate people who want to change the world and make a difference. People that are driven to disrupt the status quo and not looking for just another job.
As our Lead Merchandiser, you will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating, buying, planning, merchandising and pricing. Ideally, you will have a proven track record of success in high-growth, fast-paced ecommerce environments managing multi-vertical businesses. The Lead merchandiser will be responsible for developing merchandise plans and creating a compelling merchandise assortment that reflects and expands the Tastemade customer base and product vision while maintaining the structure, development, selection and creative presentation of all inventory.
What you'll do:
• Lead the Tastemade merchandising vision and strategy from idea to execution
• Ensure achievement of all merchandising and product development targets
• Develop pricing and product assortment strategy
• Build new relationships, and leverage existing relationships with third party vendors
• Build new relationships, and leverage existing relationships with suppliers and manufacturers to support a Tastemade branded core products business line
• Manage inventory forecasting and partner with Operations to manage product replenishment and inventory flow
• Partner with Marketing to drive product sales through innovative launch campaigns and promotions
• Partner with leadership to plan and review department and brand sales, margins, and SKU assortments to maximize top line sales and profits and minimize risks
• Formulate and track key metrics and success criteria for all merchandising programs
• Maintain ultimate responsibility for all merchandising related KPIs for the company including turns, profitability margins and productivity of the assortment
• Participate in sales forecasting and budget creation activities
What you'll bring:
• 6 years retail buying experience
• 4 years experience working in a an e-commerce environment
• Demonstrated track record of accomplishments in merchandising, buying, planning and product development
• Private label/ Product development experience is a plus
• Extensive network of vendors
• Experience sourcing in the food, travel or home space
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Strategic thinker with outstanding execution skills
• Startup experience, or experience working in a high-growth environment
• Competitive salary
• Flexible vacation days and Paid Holidays
• Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life EAP and 401K benefits
• Apple iMac, MacBook or equivalent hardware
• A stellar work environment – fun, casual, and fast-paced
• Colleagues who are fellow food & travel lovers!