Intern - Marketing
Tampa Bay RaysSt. Petersburg, FL
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Tampa Bay Rays are seeking creative, hard-working, and team-oriented individuals to assist with daily responsibilities in the Marketing and Creative Services department. These individuals will gain valuable experience working in marketing for a Major League Baseball team assisting with various marketing initiatives including our advertising campaign, social media, creative brainstorming, and game day initiatives.
• Assist in copy writing for ads including TV, radio, print, outdoor, digital and other advertising vehicles as needed
• Create promotional plans for giveaways and concerts
• Game day responsibilities including media partnership contract fulfillment, and assisting with gameday social media needs.
• Monitoring new technologies, social media trends, and themes throughout baseball and in general
• Communicate with vendors, agencies, and other departments to successfully implement game-day themes
• Assist project managers as needed
• Manage inventory and storage of marketing collateral materials.
• Help with the management of a digital asset management program for Rays-owned photographs
• Catalog and index Rays advertising throughout the season for media value breakdown reports
• Assist with ticket distribution for trades and promotion
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Copy writing experience
• Excellent communication skills (via phone, e-mail, letters, etc.)
• Knowledge and understanding of social media
• Positive and friendly personality
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work long hours
• Some sports experience preferred
• Knowledge of baseball
• Must be able to work home games (April-October) including nights, weekends, and holidays
The following are brief internship guidelines:
Internship will run from February 4, 2019 through October 25, 2019
Intern must be available to work games and events as well as normal office hours
All offers contingent on satisfactory background check
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?