Intern - Amateur Scouting
Tampa Bay RaysSt Petersburg, FL
Part Time Unpaid Internship
This position supports day-to-day amateur scouting operations as we prepare for the 2019 Rule 4 draft. In addition to building work experience in amateur scouting, our goal is to develop the individual with knowledge and skills necessary to positively impact a baseball operations department as a whole. We will facilitate this development through exploration of external resources, targeted projects, and exposure to staff members.
Term: January – October 2019
Status: Non-exempt/Eligible for health benefits
• Learn fundamental baseball concepts relevant to amateur player evaluation and development through exposure to relevant staff and processes.
• Work with Baseball Operations Video Coordinator to manage, organize & analyze amateur video.
• Support full amateur office staff with managing, organizing, & analyzing all information surrounding amateur talent evaluation.
• Attend & scout local amateur games/events as needed.
• Support full amateur office staff with all draft prep, including draft meetings.
• Post-draft, round out front office experience through supporting other baseball operations departments with special tasks, projects, & assignments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Please share two expectations you have for this internship.
• What makes you uniquely qualified to excel in this internship?
• Among all the players taken in the 2018 draft from rounds 4-8, name 2 players that you feel may have been undervalued for where they were taken. Explain your reasoning, citing sources where applicable.
• What is one area in which the field of amateur scouting can improve?
• Grade out your abilities in each of the following programs on a scale of 1-10 (10 = Highly Skilled, 1 = No Experience). A) Excel B) SQL C) R
• Do you have plans to attend the Baseball Winter Meetings? If so, what days? (attendance is not required for consideration)