Senior Account Executive
Sunshine SachsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
So, what are we looking for?
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Account Executive in Entertainment our Los Angeles Office. What does this mean? You've been doing this for a bit (about 5 years or so) and are looking for your next challenge and opportunity. This is a role for someone who has an interest in all facets of the entertainment industry from awards shows, music festivals, personal representation and film/TV. The ideal candidate has an appetite for pop-culture, versed in the latest trends, has an attention for detail, curious by nature and most of all - drive! You've been on the same account for a bit now and really want to try your hand at something else - this is your chance! We are major proponents of the generalist mentality, with an entrepreneurial spirit - you can speak on anything and are a Jack/Jane/Juan/Julia of all trades! :-)
• Drafting, developing, and executing comprehensive communications strategies.
• Conducting regular and thorough research on various topics, flagging relevant news updates for teams/clients.
• Drafting, editing and proofreading materials including press releases, blog content, pitches, fact sheets, FAQs, briefing notes, and client correspondence.
• Planning and executing media-specific events including influencer events and press conferences. Support would include developing invite lists, managing RSVPs, wrangling media on-site, drafting and distributing post-event releases, etc.
• Partnering with senior managers on achieving deliverables for a full roster of clients (average of 4 - 6).
• Developing an impactful and trusting relationship with clients
• Managing media contact lists to build relationships with new publications and media contacts.
• Participating in new business meetings, creating proposals as needed.
• Regularly bringing new opportunities for clients - media meetings, key introductions, etc.
• Proactively mentor and teach junior team members on account teams (really important for us)
• Working with senior management to respond to client requests and ensure requests are taken care of in an efficient manner.
You should apply if:
• You have 5+ years of experience in communications, music, public relations, integrated media relations, event execution, etc.
• You are eager and understand all aspects of integrated communications (media relations, social media, creative, brand integration, talent integration)
• You are a strong writer - persuasive, concise, creative, and quick!
• You have a growing list of relationships with media across a variety of verticals and know how to leverage those relationships to secure impactful media opportunities.
• You are a strategic thinker, bring new ideas to the table, and love a good brainstorm.
• You have strong decision-making abilities and accountability; this is an important role, own it!
• You have great judgment and can make ''the call'' as needed.
• You have an innate curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit…have a suggestion on making something better? We encourage you to do it!
• You are incredibly organized, detailoriented (see what I did there?), and able to excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• You're willing to work select evenings/weekends and travel when necessary - our clients often need us to GO, GO, GO!
• You enjoy overdelivering rather than meeting expectations and take genuine pride in being part of something good.
• You make friends wherever you go. I mean, your co-workers are basically your roommates…don't be uncool :-)
You don't HAVE to have this, but it sure would be nice:
• Previous experience using media research tools like Cision.
• Fluency in a second language, or third! (written and spoken)
• You have digital integrated experience.
We're proud to represent clients that align with our beliefs and work to transform our society for the better. Our responsibility is telling our client's story, not touting our own. We like to believe that we are creative storytellers who work to reach audiences and solve communication challenges regardless of the medium. Sunshiners are in it for the meaningful moments. Giving back and social good is at the crux of who we are and what continues to grow within us - from quarterly volunteer days to teaching and mentoring. We are genuinely invested in your growth. Sunshine University - ask us about it!
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. We arrange additional perks as well. From Summer Fridays and celebrations and monthly events to quarterly flex days and company-organized volunteer opportunities, we're proud of the culture we've created across the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online