Jr. Account Executive, Film
Sunshine SachsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Sunshine Sachs, we hold the door open for others. That's why our clients love us, and we love working here. For us, it's not about touting accolades or awards. It's about exceeding expectations for our clients and supporting the growth and development of our team members.
Sunshine employees come from a wide spectrum of backgrounds-from politics to record labels and everything in between-and our client roster is just as diverse. We represent some of the biggest names in entertainment and consumer tech while working with global nonprofit organizations fighting for important issues. We support upstart businesses disrupting industries and help Fortune 500 companies reach new audiences. We execute successful film campaigns, support New York Times bestselling authors, open Michelin-starred restaurants, and organize red carpet galas.
We're proud of each and every campaign we execute, but you may be wondering why we don't have more than a landing page as our website. While many of our clients are household names (you know them, we're sure of it), our digital footprint is purposefully small. We fly under the radar and we like it that way.
We are looking for a Junior Account Executive with a strong background in media relations to join our team in Los Angeles. We work on a range of clients, spanning theatrical releases, festival films, documentaries, features, and studios, in addition to award-winning directors, production companies, and producers. Junior Account Executives at Sunshine Sachs learn the ins and outs of integrated communications (media relations, social media, creative, brand integration, talent integration) and actively consume a wide variety of news and social media. Strong candidates are curious, eager to try new things, and consistently meet deadlines.
- At least 2 years of public relations experience with demonstrated success in the following areas: building well-researched media lists, compiling thorough client documents, proactively identifying potential client opportunities
- Experience working with talent, agencies, production companies, TV/film/streaming studios and film festivals.
- Eager and open to learning all aspects of integrated communications (media relations, social media, creative, brand integration, talent integration)
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Organized and effective time manager
- Positive, proactive, solutions-oriented
- Eager to network and build connections in the media industry
- Assists in the development and execution of PR strategies including all areas of integrated communications (media relations, social media, creative, brand integration, talent integration)
- Builds well-researched media lists and compiles accurate and thorough client materials (update memos, agendas, etc.)
- Liaise with talent, studio, and film festival publicity teams.
- Pitch, attend, and cover festivals, tours, press screenings, premieres, and other activations
- Proactively monitors news cycle and flags competitor news / industry trends in order to create opportunities for client
- Demonstrates good judgment and discretion in difficult client and staff situations
- Manages up effectively and efficiently
- Has a growing list of relationships with media across a variety of verticals and understands how to leverage those relationships to secure impactful media opportunities
- Strategic problem solver for teams and clients
- Eager to network and build relationships across a wide range of media
- Inclusive, welcoming, honest, kind, empathetic, professional, mature
Why Sunshine Sachs?
Our clients are important (of course they are!), but more important are our team members. More than 25% of us have been with the company for 4+ years and counting!
Teaching and mentoring is an essential pillar at Sunshine. Through a company-wide mentor program, all Sunshiners are paired with both a mentee as well as a mentor who is invested in your success and growth. We organize a monthly Meet the Media series during which media contacts visit the office to explain who they are, what they do and best practices for pitching them and their colleagues. We have also developed a series of teaching workshops that are structured for each level of the company. All Sunshiners participate by leading sessions for team members who are more junior to them.
Sunshine Sachs offers medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k), annual merit-based bonuses, PTO and commuter benefits. We arrange additional perks as well. From Summer Fridays to quarterly flex days and company-organized volunteer opportunities, we're proud of the culture we've created across the company.
About Sunshine Sachs:
Sunshine Sachs was founded in New York in 1992 on the belief that great ideas and stories have the power to change the world and create new models of success in every vertical. Since then we've grown in every way, with offices in LA, DC, and Austin and services spanning media relations, social media, talent integration, creative, and brand integration.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online