Seasonal Festival Manager, Central
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 9/20/2021 12:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Seasonal Festival Manager, Central jobs in Park City-UT
Search all Seasonal Festival Manager, Central postings
Full Time Job
The Festival Manager, Central is charged with managing a multi-use space for panels and talks alongside an artist lounge and New Frontier exhibits during the Sundance Film Festival. This venue will be open daily for five days and possibly host evening events. This position oversees one seasonal employee in order to help facilitate the many uses of the Central venue.
Working closely under the direction of Senior Manager, Production Operations, the Festival Manager, Central supports Sundance Institute's commitment to fulfilling a successful and positive in person Festival experience for all artists and patrons.
This full-time, temporary position is based out of our Park City, Utah office from Monday, October 18, 2021 through Friday, February 18, 2022 with regular opportunities to work from home. This role will be required to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends at key points leading up to the 2022 Festival.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Meeting with all departments that host functions at the venue to assess their needs.
• Updating all stakeholders on venue planning, programming schedules, and logistical needs.
• Managing seasonal staff and volunteers, including selecting and training highly effective staff and volunteers, providing direction, feedback, and support to ensure employees and volunteers understand responsibilities and are effective in their roles.
• Working closely with the Volunteer Department to acquire adequate volunteer coverage for Festival events and provide ongoing and accurate information to department volunteers and timely responses to their inquiries.
• Training volunteers and providing general supervision, creating schedules, and ensuring evaluations are completed post-Festival.
• Building out the venue space, including signage, equipment, security and evacuation plans, furniture, etc.
• Managing daily operations during the 10 days of the Film Festival, being present or accessible at all times when the venue is operational, opening and closing the venue daily, and overseeing safety and cleanliness.
• Overseeing the ordering, delivery, and return of all required equipment, furniture, etc. for the space by the set deadlines.
• Establishing a timeline and working with the Production Department to plan and conduct set-up and teardown, procure and return venue items, and provide installations by set deadlines.
• Communicating with the manager of the Walgreens, Sundance staff, volunteers, and vendors to address any issues and questions. .
• Directing onsite set-up and teardown of the venue.
• Tracking projected and actual expenses to stay within the approved budget and providing support to Senior Manager, Production Operations on other aspects of budget and expenses as requested.
• Maintaining an accurate inventory, pre- and post-Festival, including documenting photos of all furniture and equipment for the venue.
• Managing venue deliveries, inventory, and returns.
• Performing walkthroughs pre- and post-Festival to ensure the venue is ready for public opening and is returned to its original setup.
• Managing onsite operations throughout the Festival and ensuring timely resolutions to issues as they arise.
• Writing a comprehensive wrap report.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 3 years operational planning and implementation experience or related.
• Leadership skills with a background that includes managing people, including the ability to mitigate conflict and facilitate positive customer relations.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to self-manage a work schedule.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Exude operational excellence and problem-solve within your work so change can happen quickly and efficiently.
• Effectively manage and motivate those you are leading and rally the team around common goals.
• Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders of varying levels and positions.
• Provide stakeholders with turnkey spaces that facilitate their event vision.
• Remain organized to keep yourself and the team accountable for meeting deadlines.
In addition to a competitive pay of $969.00 per week, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Eligibility for paid sick leave and holidays
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Limited employee assistance program