Intern - Volunteer Resources
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Title: Intern, Volunteer Resources
Office Location: Park City, UT
Position Reports to: Manager, Volunteer Resources
Department: Volunteer Resources
Dates of Internship: 5/28/2019 - 8/9/2019 (Flexible)
Weekly schedule: Flexible - M-F
Hours per week: 10-20
Weeks per year: 11-14
Date Approved: 4/12/2019
Job Code: V280VO11
Considerations: This is an unpaid internship that interns part time in our Park City, UT office. Our summer intern may be asked to work evenings and weekends to work our outdoor Summer Film Series and therefore will be required to have independent and reliable transportation to travel between the Park City office, Sundance Resort and other Salt Lake City venues. Additionally, this position may assist in recruitment events around the Utah Valley.
Learning Goals/Objectives: Intern will advance their knowledge of the qualifications and duties of a volunteer management position and can explore their interest in this field. In addition, the volunteer intern will gain an understanding of the skills and knowledge needed for success in the workplace.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Tracks volunteer logistical information, communications, conducts follow-up and analysis as directed.
• Works with Volunteer Resources team and volunteers.
• Updates department calendars, timelines and resource documents with accurate details.
• Maintains departmental tracking documents.
• Assists with workflow procedures for the volunteer program in preparation for the festival.
• Supports daily operations.
• Helps place year round volunteer requests and support Summer Film Series as needed.
• Assists with administrative tasks as requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Be comfortable and enjoy working with volunteers of every race, socioeconomic and educational background.
• Have strong verbal and organizational skills.
• Have an interest in private nonprofit organizations and a desire to better understand how they operate.
• Have an interest in volunteer management, human resources or a nonprofit career.
• Project a high level of confidence and be comfortable being in charge of multiple tasks and people.
• Enjoy jumping into new experiences.
• Be flexible, energetic and eager to join an amazing arts organization.
, Experience, and Skills:
• Experience working in an office environment.
• Experience supervising or leading others.