Intern - Feature Film Program
Sundance Film FestivalLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Employment Dates: September 5, 2018 - May 24, 2019
Considerations: Must be able to commit to 20 hours per week.
Learning Opportunities: The FFP intern will contribute to year-round artist support programming, participate in the review processes for the annual Development Track (January Screenwriters Lab, Screenwriters Intensive, Film Two Initiative, various Fellowships) and Post-Production Track (Editing Residency, Film Music and Sound Design Lab), and learn how to evaluate and provide feedback on work-in-progress screenplays and rough cuts while gaining valuable administrative skills, film industry knowledge, and a strong overall understanding of the Feature Film Program's mission.
Essential Job Functions and Duties:
• Assists in the submissions process for annual Development Track, includes reading and providing written coverage on submitted projects.
• Maintains FileMaker Pro and FluidReview databases with required and updated information.
• Reads and evaluates work-in-progress screenplays.
• Responds to general inquiries from the public.
• Researches and tracks up-and-coming filmmakers.
• Assists with planning year-round department events, including Los Angeles screenplay readings, Intensive and workshops, and Sundance Film Festival preparations.
• Assists with special projects as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Extensive knowledge of Google and Microsoft Office products.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Candidates must be proactive and detail oriented.
• Must have a strong interest in independent film.
• Without exception, Candidates must be able to work 2.5 days/week (2 full days, 1 half day).
, Experience and Skills:
• Degree or working towards a degree in film preferred.
• Experience working with databases preferred.