Sundance Film FestivalLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/26/2018 1:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for HR Generalist jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all HR Generalist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a HR Generalist? Job Title: Temporary HR Generalist
Employment Dates: 10/08/2018 - 01/08/2019
Sundance Institute, Los Angeles, CA
Position General Summary: The temporary human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level. Pro viding the expertise necessary to maintain daily Employee Relations needs while providing project support to various areas of the organization.
Essential Job Functions and Duties:
• Facilitates and conducts new and rehire orientation sessions as necessary, collaborating closely with HR Manager.
• Generates and issues new hire paperwork (offer letters, job descriptions, W-4, I-9, etc.) and ensures new employees complete and return paperwork in accordance with state and federal regulations and timely delivery for payroll processing.
• Provides guidance on Institute policies and procedures to ensure they are consistently applied.
• Manages FMLA and accommodation requests and processes to ensure compliance with state and federal laws and organizational policies.
• Advises management and supervisors on the use of staff, independent contractors and interns.
• Generates, receives approval, and issues independent contracts.
• Conducts exit interviews and manages the employee exit process.
• Supports recruitment efforts as needed for Institute vacancies by conducting targeted outreach, advertisements, and coordinating interviews, interviewing, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Minimum 3-5 years of HR Generalist experience.
• Demonstrated experience working with employee related issues and challenges, HRIS applications and, recruitment.
• Ability to effectively work with a diverse workforce.
• Very strong analytical, mathematical, conceptual thinking, problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
• Excellent oral and written communication and people skills.
• Detail-oriented and have the ability to manage time effectively and work autonomously as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
• Must have a strong sense of urgency and be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to multi-task.
• Must be flexible and adaptable, and have the ability to stay focused and positive in a constantly changing environment.
, Experience, and Skills:
• Non-profit experience.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Considerations: Position works temporary full time from our Los Angeles, CA office. Extended hours, including evenings and weekends, will be required at key points. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.