Festival Manager, Print and Digital Publishing
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Employment Dates: 10/8/2018-2/15/2019
Considerations: This position works full time out of our Park City, UT office. Maybe lodged in Park City during the January Film Festival. Required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet deadlines. Must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned.
Position Summary: Manages the production of Festival print and digital publications, including overseeing the editorial team and graphic designer. Position will have five direct reports to assist in editing and creating publications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees the production of two Festival program guides (print and digital), the Festival catalog, the press and industry guide, and additional print publications.
• Manages staff, including providing training, direction, feedback, mentorship, and support to ensure employees understand responsibilities and are effective in their roles, and delegates appropriate work.
• Manages timelines and approvals internally and externally.
• Assists in inputting edits using InDesign.
• Prepares and delivers files, and attends press checks with Salt Lake Citybased print vendor.
• Completes a comprehensive wrap report.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 3 years experience managing publication logistics or related.
• Leadership skills with a background that includes managing employees.
• Proficient in Adobe InDesign.
• Knowledge of print production methods.
• Strong conceptual, typography, and visual communication skills.
• Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written.
• Strong interpersonal and professional skills required to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self-management of work schedule.
• Must be able to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines.
, Experience, and Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in graphic design.
• Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.