Festival Manager - Merchandise Store
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Employment Dates: 1/21/2019-2/5/2019
Considerations: This position works full time out of one of our Park City or Salt Lake City merchandise stores. May be lodged in Park City for duration of employment. Required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet deadlines. Must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned. A high level of mobility is required.
Position General Summary: Manages the operations and staff, to ensure a high level of customer service is provided at our brick and mortar merchandise store which operates during the Sundance Film Festival.
Essential Job Functions and Duties:
• Manages the setup, tear down, and daily operations of a pop-up Festival merchandise store.
• Oversees opening and closing the merchandise store daily, ensures everything is secure before leaving each day.
• Ensures all patrons receive a high level of customer service throughout their visit at the store.
• Manages inventory and distribution plan for store working with Festival Merchandise Associate Manager.
• Manages store staff, includes training highly effective staff, providing direction, feedback, and support to ensure employees understand responsibilities and are effective in their roles, and delegates appropriate and meaningful work.
• Ensures store displays are setup and organized at all times and modifies layouts as necessary to ensure good aesthetics.
• Conducts physical counts of inventory upon receipt and at end of day to provide daily reconciliation.
• Provides timely troubleshooting of issues that arise at the store and escalates to manager as necessary.
• Conducts opening and closing cash reconciliations to ensure accuracy of daily cash log.
• Prepares and delivers a daily store operation report to the Manager.
• Provides a detailed wrap report of work completed, procedures, and operations of position.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 3 years of retail experience or related.
• Conflict resolution skills with a background that includes managing stressful situations.
• Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written.
• Strong interpersonal and professional skills required to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule.
• Ability to work early mornings and weekends.
• Able to stand and walk for long durations 12 hours a day and able to lift items 50 lbs.
• Must be able to maintain a high level of trust and accountability with inventory.
, Experience and Skills:
• Experience managing people.
• Familiarity with retail POS software