Festival Junior Environmental Graphic Designer
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Employment Dates: 10/24/2018-1/30/2019
Considerations: This position works full time in our Park City, UT office. Required to work extended hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet deadlines. Must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned.
Position Summary: Assists with producing large scale graphic designs at various stages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Creates designs based on orders from internal festival departments.
• Ensures all designs adhere to Sundance's style guide and brand standards.
• Routes designs for edits, revisions, and quality assurance checks to obtain approvals before next step in the process.
• Prepares print ready PDF files, meeting specs and standards for around 30 festival venues and up to 300 individual files.
• Exports print ready files and works with coordinator to route to printer.
• Tracks projects that have been sent to print and ensures correct delivery is made.
• Provides general support to designers as directed.
• Complete a Festival wrap report as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States
• 6-12 months of design experience.
• Creativity and versatility skills in graphic design work.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
• Typography skills.
• Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written.
• Strong interpersonal and professional skills required to work effectively with a variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines.
, Experience and Skills:
• Degree in Graphic Design.
• Experience organizing and maintaining folder structures.