Coordinator, Help Desk
Sundance Film FestivalRemote, US
Full Time Job
The Coordinator, Help Desk is charged with providing rapid response for end-user support and coordinating hardware and software needs.
Working closely under the direction of Senior Manager, Help Desk, the Coordinator works full time from our Park City office and will be required to work extended hours, including mornings, evenings, and weekends at key points throughout the year to respond to on-call needs as assigned. In addition, the Help Desk Coordinator is required to work onsite during the Sundance Film Festival. The ability to occasionally lift and carry items up to 50 lbs and travel between worksites and other locations to respond to onsite tech issues is also required.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
• Resolving tier 1 and tier 2 end-user support within 24 hours or as soon as possible, escalating as necessary.
• Administering Windows 10, MacOS, software application updates and patches as assigned.
• Administering access to files, Google Drive, Team Drive, and other resources using file/folder permissions and Active Directory security group memberships.
• Maintaining printers by replacing toner, clearing jams, and proactively ordering replacement toner and printer repairs through our managed print services vendor.
• Installing and managing audiovisual, video conferencing equipment, and video conference software to ensure high reliability and uptime.
• Setting up, configuring, and testing all new employee workstations prior to their first day of work.
• Conducting new employee tech orientations and ongoing training of systems and equipment as necessary.
• Traveling to the Festival and other event worksites for setup and support as needed.
• Creating and maintaining end-user Active Directory, Google G Suite Apps, and Cisco phone accounts.
• Maintaining routine backups of MacOS devices and data for leadership staff including media files such as photos and videos to be used for social media and marketing initiatives.
• Tracking and organizing hardware and software inventory and coordinates loaned hardware checkout ensuring all procedures are adhered to.
• Performing equipment repair of laptops, memory replacement, battery replacement, hard drive replacement as needed.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 2 years experience configuring and administering Mac/PC mixed environment of computer equipment and mobile devices.
• Great customer support skills and the ability to explain complex technical issues in easy to understand terms.
• Ability to de-escalate tense situations and upset end-users.
• Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
• Experience with network switches, network cabling, configuration and troubleshooting of network printers and copiers.
• Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, terminal server, and file servers.
• Knowledge of Google Apps for business, including Gmail, Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
• Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-moving environment.
• Experience with video conference, audio visual equipment, and projectors preferred.
• Experience with Help Desk issue tracking software preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you...
• Have a good understanding of hardware and software installation and learn quickly.
• Demonstrate the ability to work well in a team environment and communicate effectively across the department.
• Provide end-user support by efficiently resolving tier 1 and 2 help desk requests.
In addition to a competitive hourly pay based on the state of residence, this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• 25 paid holidays
• Health, vision, and dental insurance
• Paid sick, family, and medical leave
• 401(k) with automatic 3% employer contribution after one year of employment
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Mission driven workplace and amazing co-workers