Assistant, Digital Assets
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Employment Dates: 5/20/2019-8/30/2019
Considerations: This position works in our Park City, UT office. Position will work primarily between 35-40 hours per week, but will be required to work extended hours, including weekends during key points throughout the summer as assigned.
Position General Summary: Position will process and ingest digital assets into the Institute's digital asset management system, update archive records and inventory of assets.
Essential Job Functions and Duties:
• Accurately process large quantities of video and photo files including:
• Assess asset folder structure to ascertain meaning and context
• Use publications, internal documentation, and internet research to confirm metadata
• Add required metadata to files via Adobe Prelude and Bridge
• Import assets into digital asset management system
• Maintain excellent records of all digital asset actions.
• Help organize digital assets and inventory the contents of storage servers, external disk drives, and other media.
• Create and update records, use lists from Archives staff and publications to review records and make updates.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 1 year of related experience, preferably working with digital asset management systems.
• Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office and Google apps.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to perform work accurately by self auditing in order to avoid mistakes.
• Able to self manage workload and drive initiative.
• Excellent research skills and abilities.
• Interest in film history.
, Experience and Skills:
• Pursuing or completed bachelor's degree in film/media, history, communications or related field.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere and Adobe Bridge or Lightbox.
• Working knowledge of a variety of media formats.
• Experience working with large quantities of media files.
• Experience with data entry and databases.
• Interest in independent film history.