Executive/Personal Assistant to the Chairman
Sucherman GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This position is ideal for career executive assistant or production/desk assistant who is passionate about media, broadcast journalism, digital media and entertainment and looking to gain hands-on exposure to the entertainment, news, media and digital industries through supporting the Chairman of the Company, Stuart Sucherman.
- Superior ability to keep track of details and be proactive in anticipating the needs of the Chairman
- Superior reception/gatekeeping skills vis a vis Chairman's incoming and outgoing calls
- Professional, respectful demeanor at all times, especially under pressure
- Assimilation of Chairman's projects, business development activities, thorough review of emails, daily catch-up meetings, reading of daily clips, etc. to be proactive in supporting the Chairman's objectives
- Daily Coordination concerning correspondence, phone calls, meetings, transportation, projects, business development
o Manage and follow-up on all communication (telephone and e-mail) for the Chairman
- Shadow calls and prepare notes (and revisions) on calls as directed by the Chairman
- Follow up with Chairman on content of non-shadowed calls
- Assimilate all correspondence, including e-mails, including regular ''downloads'' to the Chairman on current items
- Proactively direct follow-up on all call notes, emails, etc.
- Coordinate with SG consultants re client calls as designated by the Chairman
- Maintain and distribute daily call sheet per Handbook
o Manage calendar, schedule meetings
- Confirm all appointments and double check locations well in advance
• Provide very specific directions, contacts numbers, etc.
- Ensure the Chairman has all necessary materials for meetings with clients
- Coordination with staff re: meeting materials as necessary
- Manage work related transportation and travel arrangements, including schedule of car service or private driver.
- Daily coordination with CEO's assistant on various business matters and business development
- Provide research assistance as required by Chairman
- Proactively manage Chairman's business development activities, including tracking in Encore
- Coordination of office management with team members/Diligex
o Support cell phones, tablets, computers for the Chairman
- Maintain familiarity with SG client list and key client personnel
- Computer: Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio (org. charts), Encore and the Internet
- Television/Computers/Other Equipment: general operation, maintenance and update (e.g. Skype calls, video conference, etc.)
- Coordination with Chairman's wife re daily work and afterwork schedule (including calendaring of family vacations as provided by Chairman's wife)
- Handle the Chairman's personal arrangements as needed including medical appointments and ordering of prescriptions, haircuts, gifting, etc.
- Oversee and execute SG's holiday gift list and presents
Other Related Responsibilities:
- Manage SG files relating to the Chairman
- Keep the Chairman's office and reception area neat
- Order meals, medications, entertainment, etc. as needed
- Logistics for client meetings at SG in coordination with SG Consultant
o Reserve conference room
o Order food and supplies. Be at office for set up and meeting needs
o Production and/or preparation of presentation materials
- Logistics for client meetings-external in coordination with SG Consultant.
o Production and/or preparation of presentation materials
o Produce daily travel itinerary
o Provide him with meeting materials above, as well as necessary client files, pads, pens, etc. and medical supplies
o Coordination of room set up, tent cards, etc.
- Back up of other coordinators - phone, reception, daily clips
- Participate in all team meetings (Search and Consulting)
Qualifications / Proficiencies:
• Exceptional attention to detail;
• Bachelor's degree from a recognized, 4-year college or university; graduation with honors a plus
• A minimum of 3 years of full-time media/entertainment/broadcast news industry and administrative experience (does not include internships)
• Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and Power point, internet research and social media applications; knowledge of database management. Knowledge of executive recruiting software a plus (Encore)
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication and be comfortable with clerical tasks (e.g., reception duties, phone, data entry, etc.); strong and personable phone presence
• Strong internet research and writing skills, including note taking; shorthand a plus
• Strong organizational and time management skills with proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities to prioritize (multi-task, research and follow-up on assignments)
• Resourceful, pro-active, able to anticipate the Chairman's needs
• Ability to work well under pressured, high stress environment; work may be very stressful at times.
• Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people which must be handled calmly and politely at all times.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and team oriented
• Trust builder with discretion of the highest order; ability to handle confidential information
• Self-starter, collaborator with egoless, agenda-less approach
Physical and Other Requirements:
• Required to multi-task and prioritize assignments, based on Chairman's directions
• Required to greet and sometimes escort clients within the physical premises.
• Required to work consistently at carrel outside of Chairman's office and carry materials to him for meetings inside and outside of the office.
• Required hand dexterity for office machine operation, stooping and bending to files and supplies, mobility to complete errands, and sitting for extended periods of time.
• Required to hear calls for shadowing through a headset and type accurately at least 65 wpm
• Required to read from a computer screen and various small print documents.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Basic benefits include: Medical, dental and vision coverage in effect after 60 days; flex spending option after 9 months; ten days personal time off (PTO) years 1 & 2; an extra vacation week year 3 at Christmas/New Years; 3 personal days; sick days as needed, 401k plan. Yearly discretionary bonus decided solely by Senior Management, based upon company and employee performance. Salary based on experience
Sucherman Group is a boutique executive search and consulting firm specializing in media, entertainment, news and digital companies. With offices in New York and Los Angeles our clients include some of the biggest brand names in our industry.
To deliver strategic analysis, tactical advice and creative results for our clients and our firm in an atmosphere of integrity, respect and honesty.
Our company values - Discretion, Integrity, Client Focus, Personal Responsibility, Attention to Detail, Candor & Honesty, Curiosity about our Business, Willingness to Learn & Take Risks, Communication, Teamwork and Mutual Respect - are the cornerstone of our practice.
We have assembled a dynamic, experienced team in New York and Los Angeles with a combined experience of more than 90 years in the media, entertainment and executive search industries. We pride ourselves on having long-term relationships with many of the most well-known media and entertainment companies. We bring significant value to our clients through our fully integrated approach which combines professionalism, industry knowledge and contacts, a superior level of service and complete discretion.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online