EA to CEO/Media Consulting Coordinator
Sucherman GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sucherman Group is a boutique management consulting and executive search firm specializing in media, entertainment, news and digital companies. With offices in New York and Los Angeles our clients include some of the biggest brand names in our industry.
This position is ideal for a production or desk or administrative/executive assistant passionate about media, broadcast journalism, digital media, sports and entertainment and looking to gain hands-on exposure to these industries by working directly for the Chief Executive Officer, Erik Sorenson.
- Superior ability to keep track of details and be proactive in anticipating the needs of the CEO
- Superior reception/gatekeeping skills vis a vis CEO's incoming and outgoing calls
- Assimilation of CEO's projects thorough review of emails, daily catch-up meetings, reading of daily clips, etc. to be proactive in supporting the CEO's objectives
- Daily Coordination concerning correspondence, phone calls, meetings, transportation, projects, business development, etc.
o Manage and follow-up on all communication (telephone and e-mail) for the CEO
- Shadow calls and prepare notes (and revisions) on calls as directed by the CEO
- Follow up with CEO on content of non-shadowed calls
- Assimilate all correspondence, including e-mails, including regular ''downloads'' to the CEO on current items
- Proactively follow up on all call notes, emails, etc.
- Coordinate with SG consultants re client calls as designated by the CEO
o Manage calendar, schedule meetings
- Confirm all appointments and double check locations well in advance
- Ensure the CEO has all necessary materials for meetings with clients
- Manage work related transportation and travel arrangements.
Business Development Coordinator:
- Proactive research on industry trends to inform Business Development activities
- Managing and maintaining CEO's Business Development function and coordination with BD work of other staff members
o Scheduling BD trips
o Updating of BD target lists, etc.
- Daily maintenance and updating Encore database
- Follow-up on outstanding BD relationships
- Schedule regular BD meetings with CEO and with BD team
Other Coordination Activities:
- Daily coordination with Chairman's assistant and staff consultants on various search and consulting matters and business development
- Coordination with the Director of Finance and CAO for office finance, contract execution on behalf of the CEO, etc.; schedule quarterly finance meetings
- Provide research assistance as required by CEO and Managing Director of Consulting
- Coordination of office management with team members/Diligex
o Support cell phones, tablets, computers for the CEO
- Maintain familiarity with SG client list and key client personnel
- Computer: Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio (org. charts), Google Suite, Confluence, Encore and the Internet
- Television/Computers/Other Equipment: general operation, maintenance and update (e.g. Skype calls, video conference, etc.)
- Coordination re daily work and afterwork schedule (including trips reservations and calendaring of family)
- The job may require handling/scheduling some personal travel arrangements and meetings
Other Related Responsibilities:
- Manage SG files relating to the CEO
- Keep the CEO's office and reception area neat
- Order meals, entertainment, etc. as needed
- Logistics for client meetings at SG
o Reserve conference room
o Order food and supplies. Be at office for set up and meeting needs
o Production and/or preparation of presentation materials
- Logistics for external client meetings
o Production and/or preparation of presentation materials
o Produce daily travel itinerary
o Provide him with meeting materials above, as well as necessary client files, pads, pens, etc. and medical supplies
o Coordination of room set up, tent cards, etc.
o Back up of other coordinators - phone, reception, daily clips
o Schedule Ops meetings and participate in all team meetings (BD, Ops, Search and Consulting)
o Beat Check, etc.
Qualifications / Proficiencies:
• Bachelor's degree from a recognized, 4-year college or university; graduation with honors a plus
• A minimum of 3 years of media/entertainment/broadcast news industry and administrative experience
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to take initiative on management functions
• Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and Power point, internet research and social media applications; knowledge of database management. Knowledge of executive recruiting software a plus (Encore)
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication and be comfortable with clerical tasks (e.g., reception duties, phone, data entry, etc.); strong and personable phone presence
• Strong internet research and writing skills, including note taking; shorthand a plus
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills with proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities to prioritize (multi-task, research and follow-up on assignments)
• Resourceful, pro-active, able to anticipate the CEO' needs
• Ability to work well under pressured, high stress and shifting environment; work may be very stressful at times.
• Contact may involve dealing with contentious clients/candidates which must always be handled calmly and politely .
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and team oriented
• Trust builder with discretion of the highest order; ability to handle confidential information
• Self-starter, collaborator with egoless, agenda-less approach
• Must work with sense of immediacy and urgency.
Physical and Other Requirements:
• Required to greet and sometimes escort clients within the physical premises.
• Required to work consistently at carrel near CEO's office and carry materials to him for meetings inside and outside of the office.
• Required hand dexterity for office machine operation, stooping and bending to files and supplies, mobility to complete errands, and sitting for extended periods of time.
• Required to hear calls for shadowing through a headset and type accurately at least 65 wpm
• Required to read from a computer screen and various small print documents.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Competitve salary. Basic benefits include: Medical coverage in effect after 60 days; ten days personal time off (PTO) years 1 & 2; an extra vacation week year 3 at Christmas/New Years; 3 personal days; sick days as needed, 401k plan. Yearly discretionary bonus decided solely by Senior Management, based upon company and employee performance.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online