Assistant, Business & Legal Affairs
STX EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Job Title: Assistant, Business and Legal Affairs
The Assistant, Business and Legal Affairs, will provide support to two (2) of our SVPs of Business and Legal Affairs, as well as partnering with others within the department on specific tasks. The successful candidate will have a background in entertainment production legal and a desire to learn and grow within a global media company. The Assistant will primarily deal with business and legal matters pertaining to the development and production of feature-length motion pictures.
• Coordinate signature and countersignature of agreements, distribute agreements in-house (on the server and legal files) and to outside
counsel, agents/managers and/or other representatives.
• Work with Contract Administrator and the development team to coordinate the processing of payments to writers, producers, directors
and rightsholders (including obtaining departmental approvals, drafting payment cover letters and sending out payments).
• Work closely with production coordinators to track the status of all cast, crew and other production agreements on each film project.
• Assist with the delivery of production legal documents to sub-distributors and foreign distributors.
• Under the direct supervision of SVPs, conduct legal research related to specific departmental requests and prepare internal memos and
• Work with production offices and outside counsel to gather all paperwork for minors' court approvals and any immigration paperwork
required for productions.
• General administrative duties (e.g., answering phones, managing calendars, arranging for conference calls, maintaining contact data
base, maintaining files (paper and digital files), etc.).
• Depending on experience, drafting and redlining of basic development and production legal agreements (both above-the-line and below-
• Cover for other assistants in the department as needed.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably in an area of legal training for production-related projects in entertainment. J.D. preferred.
• Background in entertainment industry preferred
• Knowledge of MS Word
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Type 60 wpm, accuracy and neatness important
• Interested in a fast-paced work environment with the ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities
• Must be very organized and detailed oriented
• Must have a strong sense of integrity, confidentiality, diplomacy and professionalism as well as strong interpersonal skills as the
Assistant will be working closely with multiple departments.
Job Code: Assistant, Business & Legal Affairs
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online