Technology Stat Coordinator
Stockton KingsStockton, CA
Part Time Job
Technology Stat Coordinator (Part-Time)
Key Responsibility Area(s)
• The STC is responsible for the setup of all the courtside equipment used for the input and display of statistics information during the game. This includes the download and installation of the game day roster files as well as the correct setting of the ThinkPad system time.
• The STC is responsible to manage courtside equipment so that all devices are in good working order and available in the arena for setup 2 hours prior to every home game. Any maintenance issues should be promptly addressed with IDS as soon as problems are noted to insure that maintenance can be performed in the short time between games. Since IDS performs or arranges for all maintenance on NBA devices, the STC must be prepared to manage equipment shipments to IDS.
• The STC is responsible for the setup of all arena server components used for the transmission of data to the League on day of game. This mission critical equipment must also be managed to insure that all components are operational and in place 3 hours prior to every home game. Again, all components are serviced through IDS. Report all hardware problems promptly to IDS so that maintenance can be performed in a timely fashion.
• The STC is responsible for the management of all network cabling in the arena used for the stats system. All permanently installed cables should be periodically checked. All cable lengths installed on day of game should be appropriately labeled and securely stored between games. Cable ends (RJ45s) should be stored with ''boots'' if possible, and ends should be checked for breakage. Report all cable problems promptly to IDS.
• The STC is responsible for the management of all in-arena communication lines STCs must verify that this line is available and operational for every game.
• The STC must verify that authorized TV broadcasters have access to a feed from the stats system for every game. STCs must verify that a hub or other connection point for the data feed is positioned and operational 2 hours before every televised game. Also, STCs must supply appropriate CAT 5 cables to all TV users. Broadcasters have been instructed by the NBA that the cabling and connection locations will be distributed 2 hours before every game.
• The STC is responsible for the monitoring of courtside activities before and during the game, reporting all hardware, software and network issues as soon as possible to the IDS Help Desk. STCs should be thoroughly familiar with disaster recovery procedures should any of the devices malfunction during the game.
• The STC is responsible for monitoring arena server operations during the game. While IDS can remotely control functionality, STCs may be contacted during the game to assist with problem diagnostics.
• The STC is responsible to perform all required software updates on the DELL's and the Gateway machine. Stats technical coordinators will be advised by the NBA or the IDS Help Desk when upgrades are necessary.
• The STC is expected to be at the arena ready to setup all equipment and stats services 2 hours prior to the game start time. Because of the number of devices and cables we depend on for each game, this 2 hour time period is critical to make sure problems are noted early and solutions can be reasonably achieved.
• During the game, the STC must have no responsibilities other than the management of stats technical operations. In particular, STCs cannot be tasked to input stats or other activities that would inhibit their ability to respond immediately to stats system issues.
• The STC must contact IDS upon arrival at the arena to confirm game stats services required by the NBA and broadcast partners. During the game, STCs must communicate ANY and ALL problems and issues to the IDS Help Desk and respond immediately to pages from the Help Desk.
• Let' 2 years' experience supporting a help desk or similar environment. Windows 7/10 experience.
• Familiarity with basketball game day operations preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?