Social Media Producer
Spectrum News AlbanyAlbany, NY
Full Time Job
Position summary: Responsible for planning, producing, scheduling and monitoring social media content for Spectrum News profiles in Albany. The producer is also responsible for partnering with other digital producers to enforce strategic best practices, train teammates on the latest social tools and consult with TV reporters on their own social practices. The producer will contribute to special project initiatives and be tasked with observing performance metrics so strategic optimizations can be made.
• Write, edit and curate posts for assigned news stations on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram stories and other social networks as needed.
• Adapt on-air and web news stories for social media channels and ideate opportunities for native social content based on special coverage themes and priorities.
• Create and edit video and static graphics for native social posting, leveraging basic knowledge of tools like Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, or similar software/apps such as Typito, Canva, Over, etc.
• Produce special digital projects as assigned, including local politics content and regional programming support content.
• Track success of station/reporter social media content on a daily basis using various social metric tools like Facebook Insights, Ads.Twitter, Instagram Insights, CrowdTangle, and Adobe Omniture.
• Use performance metrics to determine future opportunities for content optimization, and proactively share these opportunities with digital leaders, peers and the news staff.
• Act as the in-house expert for social media best practices, conducting quality control and providing feedback to digital producers and station reporters in Spectrum News markets as needed.
• Explore other social media tools and provide proposals for Spectrum Networks usage.
• Allocate time wisely and prioritize based on guidance from Senior DMP and management.
• Attend news editorial meetings and collaborate with news producers and reporters on digital content needs.
• Assist with news content writing for Spectrum News websites if needed.
• Be nimble in a fast-paced environment to reflect the latest breaking news and priority stories on social and digital channels as quickly as possible.
Essential skills and experience:
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication or related field, or comparable television work experience and 3+ years' experience in online journalism or social media marketing preferred.
• Interest in social media video journalism is a plus.
• Demonstrated proficiency at multi-tasking and must have the ability to prioritize, work independently and meet strict deadlines.
• A strong set of interpersonal communication skills, as the producer will come in contact with media representatives and the general public often. Additionally, the producer must work effectively within a team environment and interact clearly and positively with all personnel within the organization.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Attentiveness to detail, with a keen sense of proper spelling and grammar (AP Style familiarity a plus).
• Knowledge of HTML, CMS and broad-based computer applications.
• Basic knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop and Premiere.
• Pro-active, self-directed and enthusiastic personality, especially in breaking news or high-stress situations.
• A willingness to be assigned to different daytime shifts and be flexible with schedule changes.
• Proficiency with the digital products we utilize - social media sites, websites, mobile apps and live streams.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online