Lighting Technical Director
Sparky Entertainment India Pvt LtdChennai, TN
Full Time Job
The Lighting TD is responsible for developing and maintaining software tools, providing front-line
support to lighting artists, and general troubleshooting of the CG pipeline in a fast-paced animation
production environment. The primary focus is ensuring workflow and pipeline efficiency in the
lighting department. Works with the lighting supervisors to attend to the day-to-day tasks and
Provide front-line production support in the lighting team, troubleshoot assets and shots, help
lighting artists with general problem-solving.
• Identify day-to-day priorities in conjunction with the lighting supervisors and manager.
• Develop lighting tools to meet immediate and show-directed production demands as directed
by the lighting supervisors. Help maintain a wide array of existing workflows and scripts.
• Collaborate with the technical pipeline team to ensure that the lighting tools works effectively
with the rest of the departments in the whole animation pipeline.
• Act as an on-call resource for show production staff, primarily for urgent lighting or rendering
• Manage and troubleshoot render jobs issues on the renderfarm.
• Write documentations for the lighting workflows and tools and keep them up-to-date.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical field.
• Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining tools for use in animation or visual
effects pipeline, preferably for the lighting department.
• In-depth knowledge of Maya and strong scripting skills using Python and MEL.
• Experience with renderer such MentalRay, Vray and Arnold.
• Familiar with After Effects, Fusion and Nuke. Experience with building tools or scripting in
these applications will be favorable.
• Experience with Render Managing System, such as Royal Render, is a plus.
• Experience with crowd setup is a plus.
• Detail oriented and strong problem-solving skills. Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Ability to communicate with different discipline and provide innovative solutions to lighting
• At least 3 years of production experience in full CG animated TV series or visual effects in
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online