VFX Production Manager
Southbay Motion Picture Technologies, Inc.Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Southbay Motion Picture Technologies is a research and engineering studio specializing in 3D Conversion, Visual Effects and Post-Production technology for film and T.V. With global facilities in Hollywood, China and Europe, our team of creative supervisors and researchers uses high-performance computing to remove the tedious, manual tasks from post-production, providing greater creative flexibility and unmatched cost-savings for our clients.
We are looking for a VFX Production Manager to join our team in Hollywood, CA.
Responsibilities will include:
• Collaborating with the VFX team to establish production objectives
• Managing artists, schedules, and client expectations
• Creating and managing production workflows
• Attending client and internal show meetings
• Developing project goals and schedules for the production team
• Establishing show budgets; foresee and maintain costs
• Creating and managing shot codes, and ensuring accuracy in Shotgun
• Communicating and publishing all information regarding client notes and changes in planned work for Supervisors and Artists
• Quality checking outgoing work and giving the approval to release to client; troubleshooting when necessary
• Coordinating shot reviews and screenings, ensuring accurate notes are taken and production changes are published and communicated
• Communicating with clients on progress and delivery of work
• Overseeing all incoming and outgoing client content
• Creating and maintaining regular status reports to track costs and shot progress
• Forecasting and communicating any delays or overages, escalating any issues as needed
• Continuously looking for ways to streamline and improve communication and workflow as it pertains to VFX projects
• Being a visible part of our team at industry and company events
Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in film, art, communications, or related field, preferred
• At least 5 years' VFX production experience, with a solid understanding of the entire post production process
• Experience with production tracking software (Shotgun or similar) and asset management software a plus
• Strong client interaction skills with excellent customer service experience with internal and external clients.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
Contracted position lasting between 2-3 months, possibly longer.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online