SXSW Conference Content Coordinator
South By SouthwestAustin, TX
Full Time Job
This role requires an organized and dynamic marketing professional to develop and execute a comprehensive content strategy for various components of the SXSW Conference and Interactive Festival throughout the 2019 season. The Conference Content Coordinator will work closely with the Web Content and Social Media teams as well as the Programming Group to generate content. This is a fast-paced, constantly evolving ownership role with a significant focus on creating content, copy-editing, website formatting, and implementing marketing strategies within a team. This role requires a strong understanding and interest in writing. The ideal candidate is also knowledgeable of the tech, film, and music industries.
Seasonal Dates: October 29, 2018 – April 22, 2019
Must be available the duration of the 2019 event (March 8-17); extended working hours onsite.
• Help execute a content marketing strategy for the SXSW Conference and SXSW Interactive Festival competitions and awards through website blogs, pages, social media platforms, and other promotional material. Create content that also helps to facilitate season registration goals and attendee experience.
• Work closely with the Programming team to gather Conference-related content and prepare for announcements, deadlines, and other event information. Content types include but are not limited to sessions, speakers, trends, special events, and tracks related to Interactive and Convergence programming.
• Create and manage social media campaigns for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram with the goal of informing and growing our audience. Create tracking links and research hashtags.
• Contribute content for emails and traditional advertising campaigns.
• Work closely with analytics team to identify blog and social media trends among current and past registrants to identify new prospective audiences and promotional reach.
• Excellent writing and editing abilities
• Self-motivated individual with the ability to take ownership over projects; working independently and within a team
• Very strong organizational skills paired with time management and prioritization ability
• Understanding of WordPress, basic HTML, social media platforms (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram), Hootsuite, Photoshop, Google Analytics, Google Docs, Google Drive
• Preferred, but not required: HubSpot, FileMaker, Basecamp; marketing or digital media experience
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online