Music Festival Programmer
South By SouthwestAustin, TX
Full Time Job
SXSW is in search of an all-star Music Programmer for its Music Festival programming team. This role will coordinate with artists, booking agents, and showcase presenters to help build a diverse and compelling multi-genre lineup of emerging and established international talent for SXSW 2019 and beyond.
The ideal candidate is an open-minded, collaborative individual with a music industry background, comprehensive knowledge of music/genres and an enthusiasm for identifying new talent and trends in music. Strong communication skills, close attention to detail, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment are required for this position.
5 years of music industry experience required
• Demonstrated success in music programming via some combination of talent buying, tour booking, artist management or other means
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to participate successfully in a team environment
• Strong contact database of high-level music industry professionals
• Proven ability to build and maintain client relations
• Multilingual is preferred, but not required
• Review and grade a high volume of artist showcase applications
• Coordinate and collaborate with showcase presenters and partners to build lineups which meet SXSW objectives
• Identify relevant potential showcase partners, including record labels, media outlets, brands, etc.
• Assist showcase presenters and artists with navigation of SXSW policies including third party sponsorships, unique onsite requests, performance allowances, etc.
• Liaise with other departments to coordinate tasks that impact the Music Festival
• No direct reports
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard, reach, stoop and kneel
• Light to moderate lifting is required
• Ability to uphold the pressure of a fast-paced work environment
• Regular, predictable attendance is required
• Remote work is not available for this role.
• MUST BE AVAILABLE THE ENTIRE LENGTH OF THE EVENT IN MARCH 2019.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online