VP, WW Television Distribution Finance
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
VP, WW Television Distribution Finance
• Reports directly to the EVP/DCFO of Global Distribution; directly managing/developing a team of seven professionals
• Responsible for all aspects of the WW financial planning process for income statement, balance sheet and cash flow. This includes mid-range plan, quarterly forecast, and budget processes
• Responsible for monthly preparation and analysis of actual results for WW marketing/releasing costs, overhead and cash flow
• Collaborate with non-US based colleagues for consolidation, reporting and analysis of WW financial mid-range plans, forecasts and budgets
• Build and maintain financial models/analyses for ''greenlight'' approvals and subsequent ultimates
• Partner with all Production divisions for understanding of ultimate and revenue flow impacts as part of key review cycles
• Work with non-US team members in support of both local and global ad-hoc analyses
• Prepare financial analyses in support of new business models
• Collaborate with the Sales Planning and Product Strategy groups to identify and initiate financial analyses of internal and external data
• Prepare financial presentations for operations and finance
• Develop and implement processes to leverage existing global tools and streamline workflows
• Complete special projects for operations and finance as necessary.
• Maintain appropriate controls as required by Sarbanes Oxley
REQUIREMENTS & PREFERENCES
• BS/BA degree with accounting/finance focus required
• Ten years public and/or private accounting experience required. TV Distribution and/or International experience a plus.
• CPA and/or MBA preferred
• SAP or Essbase knowledge preferred, strong MS Excel skills required
CORE SKILLS / KEY COMPETENCIES
• Able to quickly grasp new concepts, problem solve and communicate with local/distant team through tactical execution
• Ability to operate effectively in a deadline driven environment, managing competing priorities and independently managing projects through completion.
• Track record of team, and individual member, development
• Proactive, self-starter and independent thinker, with strong ability to collaborate across team environment.
• Strong accounting / GAAP knowledge – ASC 606 a plus
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical and PC skills
• Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with multiple levels of the organization
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures Television, a Sony Pictures Entertainment company, is one of the television industry's leading content providers, producing and distributing programming worldwide in every genre and for every platform. In addition to one of the industry's largest libraries of award-winning feature films, television shows and formats, Sony Pictures Television (SPT) boasts a current program slate that includes top-rated daytime dramas and game shows, landmark off-network series, original animated series and critically acclaimed primetime dramas, comedies and telefilms. In addition to its US production business, SPT has 17 wholly-owned or joint venture production companies in 13 countries and also maintains offices in 31 countries. SPT's worldwide television networks portfolio includes 150 channel feeds available in 178 countries, reaching more than 1.3 billion cumulative households worldwide. SPT also creates original content for and manages the studio's premium streaming network, Crackle. Additionally, SPT owns US production company Embassy Row and is a part owner of the cable channel Game Show Network (GSN). SPT advertiser sales is one of the premier national advertising sales companies and handles the commercial inventory in SPT's syndicated series as well as the Rural Media Group and DoctorOZ.com.