Vice President, Global Finance
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Vice President, Global Finance
The key role will have the opportunity to rotate and support various finance groups adding significant impact on the company's operations. This is an opportunity to get exposed to various divisional finance operations, lead high exposure key projects, and have the experience to work side by side with various senior level company leaders.
Head of Finance support for Media Networks Centralization
• Main point of contact for EVP of Networks heading up centralization efforts
• Setting up the Monthly Financial reporting
• Running the Budgeting and Forecasting processes
• Coordination across all 3 centralization pillars and head support
• Creative Services
• Technical Services
Liaison across all centralization finance support activities
• Determine and administer recharges to the regions
• Implement an efficient way to do recharges, working with Legal, Tax and Regional Finance• Tasked with identifying and implementing automation opportunities to improve the centralization processes on a go forward basis
Channel shutdowns and sales oversight
Work with Accounting, Planning, Regional finance and Corporate Development to ensure all analysis, planning and accounting items are coordinated, in sync and up to date
• Maintain a dashboard of all key parameters and assumptions
• Report regularly on project progression and adhoc requests
In charge of data gathering and interpretation for adhoc data requests, liaising with regional business managers and channel FD as appropriate. Current examples include:
• T&E analysis
• Performance versus BP for all channels over last 5 years
Open headcount analysis, Proactive Analysis
Pick an area of interest and do a deep dive to produce insightful management information. Examples may include:
• Develop a KPI report for all of Media Networks
• Key ratio analysis trends for all channels
• Masters of Business Administration or Graduate degree preferred
• 10 years of relevant experience preferred
• Knowledge of: Financial Systems, Strong PC and SQL, SAP, Excel, etc.
• Skill in: Analytics and strategic thinking, stellar FP&A acumen
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures Entertainment is at the forefront of the digital transformation with laser focus on the customer and thirst for growth. By harnessing our technologies and creativity, SPE is successfully set up for the challenge. It is an exciting time at SPE!
With over 1300 employees worldwide, the Finance organization acts as business partner to the Motion Picture and Television groups, supporting business decisions and providing strategic solutions. Our finance department is looking for top talent who think big, facilitate collaboration and integrate processes and systems across the finance division. Currently, we are performing the design and implementation of Centers of Excellence, digitalization of financial systems, streamlining processes, breaking down silos within the business, and focusing on developing next generational top talent.