Territory Digital Account Manager
Sony PicturesSeoul, KG
Full Time Job
Territory Digital Account Manager (12-month Contract)
The Territory Digital Account Manager will be a part of the Sony Pictures Home Entertainment team, managing key Home Entertainment digital accounts, including KT, LG, SK, Cable TV VOD, Naver, Tving, Kakao, Pooq and Google.
Based in Seoul, he/she will be reporting into the Home Entertainment Vice President Distribution in Hong Kong, and will be tasked with leading the go to market strategy and execution for transaction digital rights including EST and VOD. Vital to the role is securing incremental placement on a range of client digital services for Sony titles, and building an effective and open dialogue the SPRI (Sony theatrical) team in territory, to deliver aggressive release windows.
• Grow SPE's transactional (VOD & EST) digital business in South Korea
• Strive for best in class account service, increase SPE's share of voice with South Korea digital clients
• Attain incremental placement on and off store for SPE's feature and TV series
• Assist VP with budgeting and forecasting for transactional performance, support VP as directed
• Lead day to day discussions with customers, conceive go to market strategies for priority feature titles
• Determine and exploit optimal lifecycle windows including SPVOD, SPEST, PVOD, EEST
• Determine optimal pricing strategy for SPE features and TV series to monetize throughout lifecycle
• Understand the range and capabilities of cable, satellite, OTT accounts wider business, and how to exploit SPE features and TV series accordingly
• Frequently check clients store fronts to monitor SPE title placement and competitor activity
• Track competitor's activity
• Drive title promotions to drive incremental revenue during key trading periods – local holidays, New Year, Christmas, school holidays.
• Develop product and marketing presentations for clients and third-party partners
• Work with SPHE Senior Marketing Manager in Hong Kong to:
• Invest marketing budget in innovative on or off store activations to drive incremental sales
• Monitor theatrical screen count
• Determine investment in TV points, monitor, test & learn
• Conceive, pitch and provide talent access opportunities both on and off store
• Assist in the ongoing communication with SPRI (Sony theatrical) marketing team
• Actively cultivate South Korea One Sony relationships (Sony Electronics, Sony Mobile, Sony PlayStation) to secure cross promotions, social media posts and other awareness opportunities
• Secure, supply, place and leverage promotional content (AV's, trailers, bonus features) with digital clients or third parties to drive title awareness and or transactions
• Work in conjunction with relevant teams to ensure material delivery and release schedules are provided to platforms as needed to facilitate title launch
• Oversee censorship process to ensure compliance with Korea regulation and company policy
• Co-ordinate with relevant departments to confirm any changes to release dates or windows and communicate changes to accounts in a timely manner
• Manage customer campaign pricing, ensure promotional prices are reflected in sales reports
• Be the internal point of contact for all customer related queries; coordinate with HQ, Regional HQ and Korea teams to deliver excellent overall customer service
• Attain and analyze transactional sales data from customers, and share insights with wider team. Monitor activations and the impact on said data
• Ad hoc analysis where required
• Manage premiums inventory & distribution/shipping
• Lead the communication with SPRI (Sony theatrical) team in Seoul, be open and transparent, build trust
• Communicate frequently and clearly with the SPHE SVP Distribution in Los Angeles, wider Hong Kong Home Entertainment team, SPT team in both Seoul and in Hong Kong.
• Understand the broader scope of SPE's client business and conceive activations to drive awareness and or transactions on SPE titles
• Work closely with SPE's TV division to align on strategy, budgeting and commercial considerations and support SPE's TV division sales lead on Seoul office as directed, in particular around new business or license agreement renewals
• University graduate majoring in marketing, media and or communications would be an advantage
• 5 years in account management, marketing, customer marketing or sales
• Strong oral and verbal presentation, sales and negotiation skills
• Robust knowledge of the digital distribution landscape in Korea
• Ability to secure and analyse sales data to find upside
• Fluent in English and Korean
• Ability to translate Korean to English as a part of a discussion would be an advantage
• Proficiency in MS PowerPoint and Excel
• Be analytical, detail-oriented and a logical thinker
• Possess an ability to work under pressure and multi-task
• Have an interest in movies and TV series
Interested candidates please submit your application with detailed CV, current & expected salary and notice period.
Applications will be treated in strict confidence and information will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures and to ensuring that no worker or potential worker will receive less favourable treatment due to any characteristic protected under applicable local laws.
KOR - Seoul - One IFC