Technical Project Manager
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Technical Project Manager (12 month FTC)
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Sony Pictures Entertainment are currently recruiting for a Technical Project Manager to work with our Senior Technical Project Managers on a 12 month FTC, in successfully delivering several small to medium sized projects throughout EMEA.
Key Responsibilities include the following (but not limited to):
• Carrying out specific tasks to ensure that the project meets the time, cost and quality requirements. This may include but not be limited to:
• Undertaking duties as directed by the EIS Manager and with guidance from the Senior Technical Project Managers to support the delivery and implementation of projects
• Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility (including draft design and IT costs)
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
• Ensure resource availability and allocation
• Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
• Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
• Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks
• Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
• Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
• Generate/update regular reports, dashboards, RAID logs and financial trackers as defined by the project and escalate any issues to management as needed
Qualifications and/or Experience Required:
• Previous experience in a similar technical project management role required
• Previous experience in IT infrastructure projects, especially in office moves / consolidation projects, is preferred
• Solid technical background, with understanding of/hands-on experience with WAN, LAN, telephony infrastructure
• Must be pro-active and self-starting
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team and where possible assist other members of staff
• Highly methodical and process driven
• Good interpersonal, organisational and time management skills
• Must have excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
• The ideal candidate needs to be proficient in MS office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint & MS Project
• Working knowledge of MS SharePoint, MS Visio and SAP is preferred but not essential
• PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus
If you feel you meet the above requirements we would love to hear from you! Please submit your CV and Cover Letter today to be considered.
Please note that this position is a 12 month fixed term contract.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London