Summer Intern - TV Drama Development , Television
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
TV Drama Development Intern, Sony Pictures Television – Summer 2018
Our team sees projects through the entire development process from a pitch to a fully-written script through casting and attaching a director into production of a pilot to, in success, a series on air. Interns will gain experience in reading and analyzing incoming material. They will be exposed to writers, directors and producers throughout the creative process. Interns may be able to join table reads, casting sessions, pitch meetings, general development meetings and will work closely with the entire drama team.
• Rolling calls – this is very specific way to do this for the creative community
• Reading and analyzing incoming material as well as scripts our team is developing.
• Compiling research on properties for possible option.
• Learning to write coverage on scripts.
• Note-taking on calls – exposure & experience in understanding ''whats'' important
• Scheduling meetings with key leaders and producers in the creative & production industries – this assists in the development of the key players and stakeholders in the industry.
• Updating status reports for all series
• In addition to this, the interns will get exposure to some of the critical meetings – development meetings, production meetings etc and the issues discussed there.
• Enrollment in an accredited college/university for the duration of the internship is required
• Previous experience reading scripts or covering a desk
• Interest in entertainment marketing, television, and movies
• Good eye for creative
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• An ambitious, pro-active personality.
SPE INTERN PROGRAM DETAILS:
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot.
This Summer internship is from Wednesday, May 30th or Tuesday, June 5th through August 31st but is flexible based on school schedule. All candidates must be able to work 40 hours a week and be returning back to school in the Fall.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Harry Cohn Bldg