Summer/Fall Branded Integration Trainee
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Branded Integration Trainee, Motion Picture Group - Summer/Fall 2019
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Professional Trainee program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot. This Summer/Fall Professional Trainee position is from May/June through mid-December. All candidates must be able to work 40 hours a week.
The Branded Integration team cultivates long-term partnerships with Corporate America in order to create awareness and build relationships between brands and productions. The intent is that the brands will support our films by offsetting the production budget and also with large-scale marketing efforts at theatrical release and beyond. The team currently consists of the VP and the Director of Branded Integration. Together, the team handles integration (both barter and fee deals) on All Columbia and Tristar films. At any given time, they can be working on up to a dozen films in any stage of its life cycle (not yet green lit, pre-production, currently filming, or post-production).
• Create script breakdowns that include every mention in the script of interior shots, exterior
• shots, vehicle, mobile/electronics usage, apparel, locations, verbal brand mentions (i.e. ''I love
• that Sony camera you are using!'').
• Assist project leads with researching appropriate brands for category requests (i.e. food brands
• for the bodega in Spider-Man) and then connections the brands/agencies with Branded
• Integration department leads so they can appropriately pitch the opportunity.
• Scheduling and preparing for meetings (i.e. booking conference rooms, requesting drive-on's,
• calendar invites).
• Maintain ongoing status of brand interest for upcoming films.
• Updating SharePoint database with new and/or revised agency and brand contacts.
• Creating electronic wrap reports for films that have already shot.
• Review and pull stills for proof of performance watermark and create legal letter to
• Help facilitate product returns and inventory updates (tracking).
• Request and route Certificates of Insurance and W-9s.
• Create PowerPoint presentations of upcoming projects for meetings.
• Highly organized, resourceful and dependable with excellent interpersonal, oral, and written
• communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure in a voluminous deadline-oriented
• Must be willing to take and follow directions.
• Must be able to prioritize and ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and
• timely manner.
• Must be flexible an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are
• subject to much revision.
• Common sense, dependability, discretion and awoken to detail are required.
• Bachelor's degree in progress.
• Computer and technology literate familiarity with Mac/PC operating systems and SharePoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Thalberg Annex
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to our website.