Strategic Sourcing Manager, Marketing
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Strategic Sourcing Manager, Marketing
The Strategic Sourcing Manager, Marketing will work with various Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. (SPE) departments to facilitate cross-functional teams with procurement of goods and services; vendor management; spend analysis; and contract negotiations. The ideal candidate will have strong strategic sourcing/procurement experience, analytical, communication, and collaboration skills. We are looking for self-motivated and high energy individuals who will support the new vision of the Strategic Sourcing and Procurement organization. Studio and/or Marketing procurement experience is preferred, but not required.
• Proactively develop and implement sourcing strategies in marketing related commodities to provide cost savings, time efficiencies, improved product quality, etc. across the various Business Units/Departments at SPE.
• Continually monitor and understand the marketing market and identify opportunities resulting from new product offerings and/or market shifts (e.g., exit or entry of suppliers, changes in pricing, etc.).
• Identify, Initiate, Spearhead, and Manage cross-functional tactical and strategic sourcing projects.
• Develop and manage Requests for Proposals, Quotes, and Information including the collection of requirements, management of bidder communications, and review of bid responses.
• Negotiate and draft enterprise-wide agreements that minimize financial and business risk exposure and provide optimal terms and conditions.
• Understand and negotiate business specific legal terms and conditions and explain them to clients in an easy to understand manner.
• On a limited ad hoc basis, support to the sourcing of other commodity areas including but not limited to: Marketing, IT Hardware and Software, Professional Services, Facilities, etc.
• Successfully track, forecast and implement strategic sourcing initiatives that deliver cost reduction benefits to the organization.
• Manage and develop internal relationships with marketing clients throughout SPE's various business units and coordinate sourcing strategies, opportunities and requirements with other Sony entities (Electronics, Music, PlayStation, etc.).
• Proactively meet with clients and develop client relationships.
• Provide senior level procurement support to internal clients (of all levels of experience and title) on supplier contracts.
• Manage external marketing supplier relationships and supplier agreements in areas including:
• Develop and manage the marketing supplier base with input from internal clients.
• Manage ongoing outsourcing contracts including involvement in client status meetings and contract performance measurement.
• Monitor performance of suppliers and serve as a resource to resolve issues and problems.
• Maintain active knowledge of market rates and spend for marketing commodities and benchmark best practice capabilities against other companies and competitors.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of corporate procurement/purchasing/sourcing in the marketing category.
• Bachelor's degree in business related field; MBA preferred
• CPM/CPSM/MCCM/APP or other similar certification preferred
• Strong analytical/sourcing skills including but not limited to: identifying sourcing opportunities, performing spend and total cost analysis, development of sourcing strategy, project management, development of RFX documents, negotiation, contract management, supplier benchmarking, contract compliance, purchase order development, resolution of payment issues, etc.
• Demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge.
• Experience in negotiating both domestic and international marketing agreements is preferred.
• Studio experience is preferred.
Must be a self-starter, who is able to work independently and pro-actively identify potential areas for sourcing and have demonstrated:
• strong interpersonal and communication skills
• ability to effectively manage senior-level client relationships
• high personal integrity and ethics
• strong MS Office Suite skills required (including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Project and Visio)
• ability to negotiate strong pricing, business and legal terms and draft them into contracts with minimal legal support.
• ability to logically manage issues and conflicts with suppliers
• ability to perform make versus buy outsourcing analyses and to develop total cost of ownership models
• ability to foster a collaborative work environment and influence others and to act as a change agent within their department and company
• ability to adapt and embrace change in a constantly evolving business landscape
• flexibility to learn and to work in a variety of commodities
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios